Waco- Mtbr.com

Thread: Waco

mtbr member
    Oct 2017

Waco

Are there any jumps in Waco area, like pump tracks with jumps or rollable jumps?

People probably wondering why a bmx rider is posting on a mountain bike forum, but over the years i've met alot of cool Mountain bikers and alot of them like jumps and the same stuff BMX riders do.

I don't race BMX so I don't want a race track, and I don't want to ride on trails with walkers and runners along side a river, however I would love a bikes only trail of pumps and jumps or just jumps.

There may already be some trails like this but mountain bikers don't want some stupid 20" rider on it IDK, I promise you im one to chip in monetary or muscle.

Waco is like a prison for BMX riders, most do their time and get out as soon as they can down to Austin or another more BMX friendly city. It just seems like the powers that be that run Waco hate BMX, Skate Parks open and don't allow bikes, jumps at Cameron Park filled in as soon as they find out BMX riders are jumping them, the only BMX store in Waco closed down, proposals and plans denied for anything BMX related, not to mention I was directly lied to by the Parks and Rec director before the second skate Park was built I had been in communication with him for months leading to the new skate Park being built, he assured me that it was going to allow BMX riders.

Those like me where Waco is their home it seems hopeless but yet here I am writing on a forum still trying to see if there's anything for 20" riders.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BMXfrestyleWaco View Post
    Are there any jumps in Waco area, like pump tracks with jumps or rollable jumps?
    The only jump I can think of in Cameron Park would be off of the road that goes down to Mouth of the Bosque. It's about mid-way down the road on the right. There are two steep roll-in's near each other.

You could try out the The Ranch loop. There are some berms & a few little jumps. Sections can easily be repeated. Also, you have to sign an online waiver which is at bikecommader.com

That's too bad about the skate park & bikes. I had been thinking about going over there to roll around on my bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    if you are interested in building jumps, I would talk with Royal at BSR cable park.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Thank you for the replies, I spent an hour yesterday trying to log-in just to say that but couldn't get in for some reason I even reset my password, I eventually gave up I just figured Waco found a way to block me out of the forum.

I've been to that jump at the Mouth is it still there, I thought I heard it was gone.

I havn't been to any of the trails in a long time, signing a waiver is no big deal I have waivers signed at skateparks all over texas lol

BSR sounds really cool, however doesn't look like i can build anything for a few weeks, after I posted this I went riding and clipped a front peg and went flying over the handlebars, went to my doctor and got an x-ray he said I have a cracked rib and will take 4-6 weeks to heal oh well can't wait to ride again.

Thanks again for the replies

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    you should try 26" dirtjumper, suspension = more fun
    a slopestyle course would be cool

mtbr member
    May 2009
    There's now a jump line built on The Ranch at Cameron Park. Sign the waiver at bikecommander.com

There is one kinda large (for the area) jump that lands to flat along with a gap jump.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I was out there over the weekend, lots of fun, but i got two things to say if you go anytime soon - go early and or bring lots of water

#sweatfest