Visiting McKinley, know any trails???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Visiting McKinley, know any trails???

Sorry for the mispelling in the thread title. I'll be going to McKinney, TX on business but while I'm there I'd like to hit up some of the local trails. Also, does anyone know anything about McKinney??? What's it like etc...?
    Thanks
    Last edited by bwheelin; 08-19-2008 at 03:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    There is a trail at Erwin Park Acouple miles out of town. It's just easy XC, I don't know what your looking for. You can check DORBA for more trails in the area. The better ones are the two on Lake Ray Roberts called Johnson Branch and Isle de Bois. You'll want to call ahead, because they get closed if they are even the slightest bit wet.

mtbr member
    I live in mckinney and mostly ride on Erwin. It is pretty easy, but some fun can be had. It's got some fun flowly fast sections, only to be cut off by a tree or corner that you have to practicly stop for. Typical dorba style. Shooter is right, the best riding is out on Ray Roberts lake (IDB and JB), but they're about an hour away. Oak cliff has some fun riding too, but it's an hour away in the ghetto. Shoot me a p.m. about when you're gonna be here and what kind of riding you want to do and I'll go out and ride with ya.

Members who have read this thread: 0