• 02-14-2011
    notyal
    Visiting El Paso this week
    Visiting the in-laws this week in El Paso and bringing the bike for the first time. It looks like I'll have some time to kill Thurs. and Fri. (Feb 17-18). I know there is good stuff out there, but I don't know where to find it. Suggestions? Or better yet, does anyone have some time to show me around? I would be happy to return the favor if you ever make to Austin and need a local trail guide.
  • 02-14-2011
    Pedigre
    As for suggestions on where to find it, this map might be the best start, short of a local providing a guided tour. I had a great time riding FMSP, personally.
  • 02-14-2011
    akazan
    el paso, trails
    I'll be happy to show you the Redd road trail this Friday. If you are available to ride at 1:00 PM then I could met you at the very end of Redd road. I'm just a regular weekend warrior and not a XC racer, so just bear with me to tag along.
  • 02-15-2011
    notyal
    Thanks for the offer akazan, but I may not be able to bring my bike after all. I was going to borrow a rack for my wife's car, but my friend is flaking out on me about letting me borrow it. I'll have to wait for next time I'm in town. PM me if you ever want to ride in Austin. The offer to show you around here still stands.
  • 02-16-2011
    micky
    Crazy Cat
    You can rent bikes from Crazy Cat. I know because I did it for a few weekends when I first moved here (till my bike arrived with the moving truck). The Crazy Cat near UTEP is only a few blocks from the Monk trails which has an easy climb and fun downhills (I will likely do a lunchtime ride there on Thursday and Friday if you are interested). The Crazy Cat off of Redd Rd is a couple of miles from the Redd Rd trail, so in either case, you can always ride to the trails from the store if you dont have a way of transporting the bike.
  • 02-17-2011
    notyal
    Renting would have been a good option, but we drove in yesterday. I didn't bring my gear and I wouldn't feel comfortable in rental shorts. :D

I can't believe I've visited here so many times and have never ridden. This morning we drove around and all I did was look longingly at the mountains. Next time I will make it a priority.
  • 03-21-2011
    Dan'ger
    One more "In town this week and looking to ride." Only it's this week, I brought gear and I'll be renting from Crazy Cat.

Anyone available to ride with me?
  • 03-22-2011
    Flankerdog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    One more "In town this week and looking to ride." Only it's this week, I brought gear and I'll be renting from Crazy Cat.

Anyone available to ride with me?

I tried to rent from Crazy Cat at Redd Road a few weeks ago only to find out they no longer rent bikes.

Maybe at the UTEP (Mesa) store, but I didn't check. Might want to call ahead.
  • 03-22-2011
    Dan'ger
    Thanks for the heads-up. The Airport store has Giants to rent and they are in stock.

Currently my plan is to rent one from some time this evening or tomorrow afternoon until Thursday morning.