Video Tour of Deception- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Video Tour of Deception

The long awaited, much requested, long overdue video tour of Deception at Brushy Creek in Cedar Park is finally here...including feature and section names...Watch in HD, enjoy, like, subscribe and share!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Looks like a beast trail, awesome video. Next time I'm down that way I'm gonna have to donate some blood, sweat and likely tears.
    '14 SC Tallboy
    '19 Specialized Fuse 6fattie

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Looks fantastic!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Hard to believe all of that fun, let alone great terrain, can be had inside a city park area. Great job by those who built it. I will certainly have to make the drive down there now! Thanks for posting.

mtbr member
    The name Deception comes partly from the fact that we squeezed so much into a small area.

That video is JUST the main Deception Trail (and only in one direction E to W), we have several other trails in the same immediate area - Picnic, Picnic X, Mulligan, Rim and Dave's Dicth. Plus a couple miles east at Champion Park we have Gnargasm (super sketch and wooden berm bridge are its trademarks), Gum Drop and Snow White.

Check out the playlist for the rest of the trails and highlights of certain features.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2FTpRnUlgzQG8R

You can also check out the blog and click on the trail names in the menu to learn more about them and watch videos specific to the trail.

Deception deĚcepĚtion

mtbr member
    Sweet video(s)! Now I can be one of the cool kids and know some of the feature names...even though I would completely forget them while riding the trail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Very nice. I need to work here in the San Angelo, Texas, area before I think about that place. Heck, I am just finding out what a bunny hop is.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    The whole deception trail system is a good place to build your skill set. There is a good progression of difficulty levels for a wide range of experience. From beginner level types of trails like Mulligan (with the first drop at the end and not Cru Jones), lower Picnic without ravine drop and not taking the hucks on upper, Snow White and the first half of Deception proper until after Swag Rock. Also the YMCA loop is pretty tame. You can get a solid 7-8 miles in without really hitting any of the bigger drops and more technical features. Plus, don't be afraid of walking what you can't handle.

mtbr member
    Deception and Picnic were the first trails I rode when I got back into riding last year. Deception will definitely kick your butt and offers some nice challenges. Like MrMentallo said, the challenge progresses as your ride it from E-W. Anything can be walked if you don't feel comfortable. I walked quite a few features and still do on some of them. Picnic is flowy, fairly fast, and fun.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I learned about the walking thing at Armadillo Ridge at the San Angelo State Park. The terrible thing is that I may go to the Big Bend area or New Mexico, mountain biking, before I go to Austin for that purpose, and I live quite a bit closer to Austin.