Victoria, Tx. trails? Do they exist?- Mtbr.com

Feb 2009

Victoria, Tx. trails? Do they exist?

I am heading down to Victoria for spring break at the end of this week, and I'm taking my bike with me. Are there any good trails in Victoria?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ravencrow
    I am heading down to Victoria for spring break at the end of this week, and I'm taking my bike with me. Are there any good trails in Victoria?
    Coleto Creek Park and Reservoir is there in Victoria. Lake Texana is your next closest bet. It, however, is about 32 miles from Victoria.

In the future, this map might come in handy.
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I grew up in victoria and there was nothing. a few years ago they opened up the mult-use trails out at coleto creek resevoir.I hear that dirt bikes and atv's were the main inspiration for the trail but bikes are allowed too. Don't quote me on this though because I have never been out there. I can't imagine however that it is any good, but it is a place to ride.

I was down there over christmas to see the family and at the south entrance to the Riverside park the city built a dirt pump track with some gaps and table tops, it looked col and worth checking out.

Feb 2009
    The funny part about is that when I'm not at college I live on Coleto Creek Reservoir, and didn't even know about the trail in the park. I probably passed it half a dozen times without noticing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yes, there is a trail at Coleto Creek and it is now posted in the trail review board. It currently has 6.6 mile of singletrack which are made up of 3 loops built on top of each other. The trailhead is between campsite 51 and 52. The kiosk at the trailhead still says there is only 2 miles but that is an old sign and it just for the 1st loop(Cottonmouth). It's tight and mainly flat except for the Pit which adds a few hills right in the middle of the trail. The rest is all through the trees and by the water. This is a real trail not some doubletrack or wide path for atv or pedestrians although hikers are allowed on it but I seldom see them past the first 1/2 mile. ATV were never part of the plan for these trail(they are too narrow). I think there is an ATV trail that run along the actual creek and not the reservoir. We have been working on these trails since August of '05 with a very small group of riders here in V-town but they are finally starting to mature and become very fast.

Gary

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the update Dirtdobber, the next time I get down there to see the family I will bring my bike along and see if I can meet up with a few of you for a ride!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Just send a message and somebody should be able to show you around. We wanted a trail so bad we just went out a built it ourselves. We plan on laying some more trail out there but for now we are just content to relax and ride it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Glad to see the trail is still there. I designed the first few miles of that I taught some of the locals how to build I'm glad it took off.
    Texas based trail builders: www.sstrails.com

Members who have read this thread: 0