Tyler State Park q's- Mtbr.com
    Not an O2 thief.
    Feb 2004

Tyler State Park q's

The wife and I are driving back east for the holidays. We were planning to hit Tyler State Park this Sunday. Is it worth it? We've ridden Cedar Hill...not too bad for central texas.

Is mud something we need to be concerned about?
    Roll over the weak and bunny hop the dead!

Blog this...!

El Paso Puzzler 35 or 50 miler

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    One of my favorite XC trails in the Eastern Tx, Western La. area.

Def worth riding - Mud, possibly just due to the amount of rain that has come down recently. A, B, and C loops are generally pretty dry, a section or 2 of D loop will get wet and hold some water.

Call the park ahead of time to see if the trail is open - they will shut it down if they think it is too wet, it might be day-to-day status right now. 1-903-597-5338

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Oh, even if you do do get muddy - the park has upgraded most of the showerhouses and bathroom facilities in the last year - so you can clean up before you leave.

Dunno how far East you're going, but if Tyler is closed, there's a couple of worthy trails in the Shreveport, LA area as well - Monkey Trail and Bodcau Rec. area trail. you can find info on them here: http://www.locomtb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Jacob 34:19

Great trail!

One of my favorites in this area. Bring your warm gear though. We're shootin for a high in the upper 20's or low 30's on Sunday. Definitely call ahead to make sure the trails are open. It's been a little wet here the past couple days.

Members who have read this thread: 0