Tyler/Longview mountainbikers?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Tyler/Longview mountainbikers?

Anyone here in Tyler/Longview area ?

Rob

mtbr member
    huh--guess not

mtbr member
    Hi Jeff, I lived in Tyler many years, and started riding mtbs in the early '80s--yep, that was before front suspension forks. Raced in the TX series races for several years and very involved in building the trails in Tyler State Park and other trails.
    I live in Phoenix,AZ now and was hoping some of the East Tx riders were using mtbr.com forums. Ir seems like the mountain bikers around Tyler/Longview are not as active as before? The Tyler Bicycle Club looks like it's almost all road rides now.
    Where happened to all the mountain bike riders/racers?

Anyway, if you happen to be in Tyler, be sure to go to Simpsons' shop on Hwy 110 south of Tyler. Tyler Simpson is an "old" friend and they know mountain bikes.
    Also, check out the Mtbr.com AZ spring fling info coming this March. It's 4 awesome days of riding and socializing. Locals, including myself, are the guides for the week and take groups out on some of our preemo trails near Phoenix,Tucson, Sedona, and Prescott. Flagstaff is also a gem, but buried in Snow until April or so.

Get some of those ET riders on the forums, so we can stay in touch with you guys over there.

Robert Bergman
    Phoenix,AZ

ckler_asx]Saw your post about looking for riders in Tyler/Longview. I just moved back to Longview. Do you live in the area?

Jeff[/QUOTE]

mtbr member
    Hey man,
    I im from Ct, but i go to college in longview. I have only been mountain biking once since I came to Texas this fall. It sucks cause I really want to go
    IS THIS SOMETHING YOU CAN SHARE WITH THE REST OF US AMAZING LARRY ?!?!?!

aircooled VW FTW

Mar 2009
    I live in Lindale, work in Tyler, and I have recently started Mountain Biking. What trails do you like?

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    If you ever take your bike to Nacogdoches, there are some trails across from the University...probably about four to five miles of trails. They're being redesigned to take better advantage of the terrain and a planned ADA path.

D

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dburatti
    If you ever take your bike to Nacogdoches, there are some trails across from the University...probably about four to five miles of trails. They're being redesigned to take better advantage of the terrain and a planned ADA path.

D
    oh?
    Pedigre

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedigre
    oh?
    Map is here.

Here are some pictures from a section called Scooby:

D

mtbr member
    so, is this a park or just a chunk of land? Tell me more.
    Pedigre

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    so, is this a park or just a chunk of land? Tell me more.
    It's somewhat of a park in the making. There are no facilities there other than a paintball area and a challenge course for the ROTC. And the trails. Enter on your bike from the driveway that splits off from the apartment parking lot. Don't park in the apartment lots without a permit b/c it's school property and you will be ticketed and towed.

What more do you need to know?

D

mtbr member
    anything that would make it sufficient enough to list on the site, of course

if it's still somewhat in the works I'll hold off for now, but if you could keep me updated, I'd appreciate it.
    Pedigre

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    anything that would make it sufficient enough to list on the site, of course

if it's still somewhat in the works I'll hold off for now, but if you could keep me updated, I'd appreciate it.
    As. I should have thought of this before. The land is owned by the University, and, as I understand it, you have to be a student, faculty, or staff to use the facilities on the land. I could be wrong about this, though.

You can contact the Coordinator of Outdoor Pursuits in the Department of Campus Recreation to find out if you can publish the trail info publicly.

D

mtbr member
    As. I should have thought of this before. The land is owned by the University, and, as I understand it, you have to be a student, faculty, or staff to use the facilities on the land. I could be wrong about this, though.

You can contact the Coordinator of Outdoor Pursuits in the Department of Campus Recreation to find out if you can publish the trail info publicly.

D
    hey, isn't that what you just did

seriously, though, thanks for the info...I will do just that.
    Pedigre

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    you contributed by accident; don't forget to request your sticker ..

As. I should have thought of this before. .....

D

mtbr member
    RachelElayne, Tyler State Park is obviously the closest and one to the best trails in your area. A good place to hit often to build fitness.
    Beyond that, a little road trip is in order. Check out Ruston La. State Park and Hot Springs/Mt Ida, Arkansas area for much better and longer trails. Those trails have more technical, rocky terrain, and much longer climbs. The Womble trail is one of my favorites up there--definately worth a long weekend.
    Or, if you and anyone else is up to it, the Arizona Spring Fling is March 18--22. We show a lot a visiting mountainbikers several days of riding on some of the best trails in AZ that you will not soon forget! Come on out and play! Check it out--http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=495472

mtbr member
    Try this again---

http://www.http://forums.mtbr.com/sh...d.php?t=495472

or see AZ forum for AZSF 2009

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    you contributed by accident; don't forget to request your sticker ..
    lol send him your extra
    Pedigre

Members who have read this thread: 0