• 03-13-2012
    teoteoteo
    Trek Demo March 25, 2012 Walnut Creek
    Demo Trek Road and Mountain Models March 25th at Walnut Creek in Austin. Come on out.

Mellow Johnny's Ľ 2012 Trek Demo Walnut Creek
  • 03-13-2012
    sooner518
    pretty cool. do we need to bring pedals or will they have SPDs on them?

Im interested to compare a Fuel or Remedy to my Blur LTc....
  • 03-16-2012
    teoteoteo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    pretty cool. do we need to bring pedals or will they have SPDs on them?

Im interested to compare a Fuel or Remedy to my Blur LTc....

They'll have some, that being said sometimes the ones they have aren't at nice as what some folks are used to, and sometimes they get loaned out so not a bad idea to bring em just in case
  • 04-09-2012
    esgm1445
    Bikers and dogs can share the park

I live near Walnut Creek Park and have been going almost Dailey for 15 years. There didnít used to be a lot of bikers, but we had our fair share of perverts. When the bikers started to show up, it really improved the park. For the most part they are very nice, and seemed to have some kind of code. They would call out which direction they were going to pass you on, call out how many were coming behind them.
    Walnut Creek is one of the best dog parks in Texas, and it is a leash free park. When I was there Saturday morning I can across an elderly lady sitting in the road cradling her frail senior dog. Someone on a bike hit the dog and never slowed down or stopped to see if she was OK.
    Come on people, you are supposed to be smarter than the dog. If it was a child or an old lady, would you also hit them and just keep going?
    There is a spot further up the creek that is a gathering place for dogs and children. Any given Saturday there will be 20 dogs, and 15 to 20 kids playing in the water. Bikers come through there at top speed.
    Really?? You canít even slow down at this one spot? Would it really ruin your whole day to walk your bike past children?
    I want to repeat, most of the bikers in the park are extremely nice, polite, and civil. But I doubt the humanity of someone who could hit a frail dog and not even blink. These people are really making a bad image of Austin bikers. My suggestion would be to find the trails that are not so populated. There are many in Austin that requires dogs on leash. This is one spot where we can socialize our dogs so that they too can be good citizens.