Travis Country in Austin?

Printable View

• 05-15-2011
    twelve_volt_man
    Travis Country in Austin?
    Hey Guys: My wife and I are going to be relocated to Houston in about 18 months. I am thinking about buying a second home in Austin for a "weekend house" for riding/recreating.

I have looked around quite a bit, and I keep landing on Travis Country. It is close to downtown, backs into the greenbelt, and seems like a lot of road rides from down town pass this area. I would buy it now (while interest rates are low and the market is still slightly declining), and rent it until we get to Houston through a property management company.

Any thoughts about Travis Country in the state of real estate in the west/southwest of Austin.

Thanks!
  • 05-15-2011
    CxAgent2
    Travis Country is a good area. Lots of riding, on and off road, near by. Resale prices should hold up unless the whole economy tanks.
  • 05-18-2011
    skrap1r0n
    I live in northern Travis county, on the border with Williamson. I am no more than 20 minutes from most of the good trails around here, Walnut Creek, Barton Creek Greenbelt, City Park. Reimer's is a bit further away, but still less than an hour drive.
  • 06-11-2011
    chardog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CxAgent2 View Post
    Travis Country is a good area. Lots of riding, on and off road, near by. Resale prices should hold up unless the whole economy tanks.

True.

But rather than rent the place out, you should just let us all use it as a mountain biking clubhouse. We can keep an eye on the place and we always need a place to refill our hydration packs when doing epic greenbelt rides. Oh, and we will make sure and keep the fridge stocked with a great selection of local brews.:)