Trails around DFW- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Trails around DFW

Hey guys, anyone know if the trails around DFW are still oober muddy? I wanna try out my new bike. I was thinking river legacy in Arlington...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Go to dorba.org for trail status. Big Cedar is the only thing open and it will be closed tomorrow as always.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Here's the link to the trails page... http://dorba.org/trails.php

There's a dorba Facebook group too... for discussions about how they are drying.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texasbubba View Post
    Here's the link to the trails page... http://dorba.org/trails.php

There's a dorba Facebook group too... for discussions about how they are drying.
    Thank you!

mtbr member
    When you click on each trail, you can click on the "update" section to see if there are any notes from the trail steward. For River Legacy, it looks like it's going to be a while. Here are the last two updates:

Muddy on Wed, Dec 23, 2015 @ 07:49 PM
    - Same as the last update. Many parts of the trail are underwater still. Massive erosion and trail loss on the bank of the Trinity.
    Muddy on Sat, Dec 19, 2015 @ 10:28 PM
    - Trail Update: Still muddy & flooded in spots. Will update again after Jan 1, 2016

River Legacy is the closest trail to me, so that really sucks.

I should also mention that the Fort Worth Mountain Biking Association trails (Sansom and Gateway Park) are sometime partially opened but will still show as closed on the Dorba site. For example, the Lone Wolf section of Sansom is currently open -- I rode it today, and it's in pretty good shape. Since the entire thing isn't open, however, it shows as closed on Dorba's site. The best way to get accurate info on those two trails is the FWMBA Facebook page.
    "Plato is my friend, Aristotle is my friend, but my best friend is truth." - Newton

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
    When you click on each trail, you can click on the "update" section to see if there are any notes from the trail steward. For River Legacy, it looks like it's going to be a while. Here are the last two updates:

Muddy on Wed, Dec 23, 2015 @ 07:49 PM
    - Same as the last update. Many parts of the trail are underwater still. Massive erosion and trail loss on the bank of the Trinity.
    Muddy on Sat, Dec 19, 2015 @ 10:28 PM
    - Trail Update: Still muddy & flooded in spots. Will update again after Jan 1, 2016

River Legacy is the closest trail to me, so that really sucks.

I should also mention that the Fort Worth Mountain Biking Association trails (Sansom and Gateway Park) are sometime partially opened but will still show as closed on the Dorba site. For example, the Lone Wolf section of Sansom is currently open -- I rode it today, and it's in pretty good shape. Since the entire thing isn't open, however, it shows as closed on Dorba's site. The best way to get accurate info on those two trails is the FWMBA Facebook page.
    Thank ya sir. Yeah I've since found the dobra website and FB. I'm very glad they have that though to keep everyone updated and updated regularly too!

Magically Delicious

DFW Trails on Lake Grapevine - Northshore and Horseshoe

Northshore and Horseshoe are on Lake Grapevine and they both have trails underwater because Lake Grapevine as of this writing, is almost 20 feet over full. This is only a little more than 5 feet below the overflow spillway. No riding likely here till next year.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X