Trail guide needed - Denton- Mtbr.com
    Trail Sanitizer

Trail guide needed - Denton

I will be in the Denton area for a couple of days the weekend of 3/24 - 3/27 and I was hoping to rent a mtn bike and hit a trail for a couple of hours. Would anyone be willing to show me around the best/hardest trail in the area? I'd also like to know if any of the shops in the area rent decent bikes for me to trash on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Check this link

You'll get more responses in the forum here.

http://dorba.org/

I just spent 6 months working in Dallas and would recommend you hit Bar H in St Jo. It's not far from Denton and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They have a link from the Dorba website so you can check it out before going. If you just have to hit Dallas, go to Northshore at Grapevine Lake. It's good, but not on the same level as Bar H.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I can show you around. There are plenty of trails that are hard within a couple of hours. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Trail Sanitizer
    Quote Originally Posted by flbikerman
    I can show you around. There are plenty of trails that are hard within a couple of hours. It all depends on what you're looking for.
    I hope I can take you up on that offer. It will depend on timing and my ability to rent a decent bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I think RBM and Mad Duck are the only ones that rent bikes.

Trail Sanitizer
    Quote Originally Posted by flbikerman
    I think RBM and Mad Duck are the only ones that rent bikes.
    Where are these two shops located?

mtbr member
    Richardson Bike Mart is in Richardson at the corner of Coit and Campbell. Mad Duck is in Grapevine and a whole lot closer to Denton. From 35E take 121 west to Texas Trail. This is after the 114 interchange. Turn right. Take a left on Highway 26 and the Duck will be on the right. Their web address is madduckadventuresports.com

Got Mojo?
    Mad Duck is in Grapevine and a whole lot closer to Denton. From 35E take 121 west to Texas Trail. This is after the 114 interchange. Turn right. Take a left on Highway 26 and the Duck will be on the right. Their web address is madduckadventuresports.com

Gary at Mad Duck is a great dude. I am certain that he can set you up.

Just don't rent/borrow the Yeti ASR. There is a very good chance you will end up buying one (or just lusting after one every day)
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Trail Sanitizer
    It looks like early Monday will be my best chance to ride but I may not have a vehicle at my disposal. A road ride may be in my future instead.

Trail Sanitizer
    Just called Mad Duck and they don't have any bikes of any kind for rent right now....

Members who have read this thread: 0