Tomball people

Printable View

• 03-26-2012
    Chowell77
    Tomball people
    Call me crazy but I think Burroughs Park has a ton of potential to become a premier riding spot in north Houston area. How does one go about finding out if the parks system would let us build some fun technical features out there? They've got a ton of land and it seems they encourage riding out there but I'm wondering if they'd allow a group like GHORBA to come in and really revamp it? I know I'd gladly help raise funds and contribute to any work parties. Any thoughts?
  • 03-28-2012
    tdhood
    As I understand it, HC Parks is already on board with building trail at Burroughs.

GHORBA lists it as an "official" trail & it saw some trailbuilding love in 2006-07. Heck, I attended a couple of work parties there late in 2006. There was even some grant money (REI?) earmarked for the trail, but never really gained any traction. Hurricane Ike trashed the place bad & in the recovery, the grant money was reallocated to building Flintridge (Woodlands) trail.

Where does it stand today? I can't tell from GHORBA's info, but it would be worth looking into.
  • 03-28-2012
    Chowell77
    It's in pretty good shape actually, there's no real single track per say and it's mostly wider trails that I believe are partially maintained by boyscout troops. I rode there the other day because it's fairly close to my house and had fun. It definitely is easy easy ride but one of those places that you can see a huge amount of potential with.
  • 03-28-2012
    bobdole
    Burroughs park expansion hit some road blocks and at the same time the opportunity to build Flintridge came into the picture. As you can tell, Flintridge got constructed and burroughs got on hold. The Spring Creek Greenway will give interesting potential opportunities in Burroughs as well as other areas along spring creek. As always you guys can reach out to myself, the VP Trails of GHORBA at vp at ghorba dot org.