Thanksgiving ride plans?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Thanksgiving ride plans?

Whats everyones plans for thanksgiving rides? With the time change and the recent weather I havent been getting in as much as I'd like so I am going to capitalize on the holiday.

Wednesday: Memorial Park Houston + maybe Anthills
    Thursday: Flintridge
    Friday: RHR or Warda, currently undecided but will hit one of them on the way to Austin
    Saturday: Walnut Creek and BCGB
    Sunday: Maybe a trail in austin or maybe hit RHR/Warda whichever I didnt on friday.

Should be great fun. Hoping for good weather.

TXTony
    Johnsons Branch, Lake Ray Roberts weather permitting

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

And of course...

Of course when it has the chance to rain...

Houston:
    Thanksgiving Day: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76.

Thursday Night: A 50 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 41.

Friday: A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 56.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 38.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 62.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 44.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 70.

Austin:

Thanksgiving Day: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 68. North northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Thursday Night: A 10 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. North wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 62. North wind between 5 and 10 mph becoming calm.

mtbr member
    I am dropping the bikes off at the LBS for a tune up today, then I am headed to Houston for Thanksgiving on Tuesday. Coming back to Austin on Friday and will be hitting Walnut Creek on Sunday. Thats about it. Although I will say, I am sorta tempted to take the bike to Houston (well Baytown area) and see about hitting a Houston trail.

since 4/10/2009
    I'm doing a Turkey Trot 5k on Thursday. Friday I have to stay local because I have an optometrist appointment in the afternoon, but I might do a short ride on my local trails. Saturday I'm going to Cypress Bend in Louisiana. Sunday it depends on how I'm feeling after the previous days' rides but I might visit Kit McConnico.

I got 10mi in this past Friday and 15 yesterday. I'm feeling pretty good ATM.

mtbr member
    We'll be going to San Antonio for Turkey Day. I think I might take my bike down there and see what SA has to offer. Gotta see if the wife will let me put the bike on top of "her" SUV. (rolling eyes)

mtbr member
    I'll probably take the wife with me to the Anthills if the weather is nice for a ride.
    I have a bottom bracket that I need to completely degrease and clean. It somehow got sand
    or rust or something in the grease. Ick.
    "I don't suffer from insanity!I rather enjoy it."

Pedaler of dirt
    Thursday I'll be cooking for +10
    Friday cooking for 8
    Saturday burning off my new turkey fat with a couple of hours on the Anthills.
    Sunday quick ride around memorial on the single speed.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thursday city park at 9

Friday the greenbelt at 9
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Got mine in today. 15 miles at Dino. Valley, absolutely beautiful here in north Texas. Met a fellow cyclist and we had a post ride Pearl in a can.MMMMMMM Pearl beer! Will be cleaning and preparing for family on wed. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

TXTony
    I love Dino Valley..rode it twice last week..slipped on a stupid rock crossing over to the trail head and fell in..all good though..a bad day riding beats a great day at work

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hey Austin Bike (and other austiners) what do you think of the rain that is coming over the next few days, is it going to be enough to close the trails in Austin?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    After finally being able to ride flintridge at full speed and with the trail bedded in, I must say that is certainly a good trail and is definately fun. New respect for flintridge. Now, onto the hill country tomorrow.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    TXTony, if your talking about the first ( rideable ) creek crossing after crossing the river, it has gotten me and my wife in the past. That section is slick as owl snot! Great trail riding nonetheless!!

TXTony
    That would be the one..love it out there though...dis Samson Park yesterday and going to do Cedar Hill today...hard tail country!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    warda is in good shape, a bit sandy but generally fast. COLD though with a stiff north wind.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    walnut creek was so fun this morning that I had to go back this evening for a solo hot lap. Somewhat worried about my fork though as it may be leaking oil, which will not bode well for RHR tomorrow.

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdole
    walnut creek was so fun this morning that I had to go back this evening for a solo hot lap. Somewhat worried about my fork though as it may be leaking oil, which will not bode well for RHR tomorrow.
    Might give Tim at Two6labs a call and see if he can't do some quick work for you.

mtbr member
    Gonna head over to SASP tomorrow with my son for some trail riding, prob be there around noon. Gonna ride the south end of the park for a few hours and head home.

I am fitting in this ride as I wanted to ride all weekend (been looking for a way) but with family and holiday had no free time. If I miss to many days I start getting the antsy.
    05 Raleigh M80 sold
    09 Rockhopper Comp sold
    10 Stumpy Expert Carbon HT 29er sold
    13 Stumpy FSR Elite "Yellow Jacket"

Members who have read this thread: 0