Terry Hershey Park to Downtown- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Terry Hershey Park to Downtown

Is it possible to go from Addicks Dam at Terry Hershey Park to Downtown?
    Oh, And a BIG HELLO to all! 'Just got a new bike and wanna ride! I've got a motorcycle and have been riding for about three years. I'm used to just hitting the throttle but, this Mountain Bike Thing is work! Oh, well! I need the exercise.

Phil

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Not if you want to ride dirt the whole way. There are routes mixing dirt (Anthills and Memorial Park) and pavement (everything in between) that will take you all the way to downtown. Go to teamsmack.org and ask around (don't tell them I sent you).

TXAG
    Oct 2005
    I don't really even think you can ride a bike path all of the way. You would have to take the terry hershey trail to the beltway, then ride briar forrest or memorial down to memorial park and hit the trails there, then cruise memorial on in to downtown. Teamsmack is a lot of guys that hit the anthills and other places regularly. I am just checking out the forum today, have not been on in a long while since I have been doing triathlon's this season. About ready to wind down the tri training, move into training for the 1/2 marathon and doing some more MTBing. Anthills here I come!

Members who have read this thread: 0