Taking my rig to El Paso this weekend- Mtbr.com
    BOOST THAT SH*T!

Taking my rig to El Paso this weekend

I'll be in EP this weekend and am bringing the 6pack along. Any suggestions for knocking out a good ride?

Thanks folks
    "A splendid time was had by all and all were had." ~ Wire Train

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

El Paso trails

Quote Originally Posted by ABQDave
    I'll be in EP this weekend and am bringing the 6pack along. Any suggestions for knocking out a good ride?

Thanks folks
    Hi,

I'm just guessing that you've been to El Paso trails before? Basically, the trails are the same for the past several years but there are new trails added to the old trails. If you are familiar with Mayberry trail, there's a new trail on the left before you hit the switchbacks and goes around and ends up on top where the pallet is located. This trail is technical and
    will include some walk the bike.
    Mayberry trail has new bridges to cross on. From Mayberry trail, you'll hit GI Joe, Spinal Tap, Little Moab, Tin Mine-Doc's Drop and the new single track trail, Mike's trail. On the other side of Mayberry trail, you'll see Brujo and Worm ( or Snake?). If you are going to start early, will be done by 3-5 hours.
    All these trails will start on Redd road (dead end area). Another way and less time consuming is taking the street (forgot the name) that goes on the right side before Redd road ends. This road will take you all the way up, park your car at the very end and you'll see the trail on the right side of the road. On weekends, you'll see alot of vehicles and riders along this road.

BOOST THAT SH*T!
    Quote Originally Posted by akazan
    Hi,

I'm just guessing that you've been to El Paso trails before? Basically, the trails are the same for the past several years but there are new trails added to the old trails. If you are familiar with Mayberry trail, there's a new trail on the left before you hit the switchbacks and goes around and ends up on top where the pallet is located. This trail is technical and
    will include some walk the bike.
    Mayberry trail has new bridges to cross on. From Mayberry trail, you'll hit GI Joe, Spinal Tap, Little Moab, Tin Mine-Doc's Drop and the new single track trail, Mike's trail. On the other side of Mayberry trail, you'll see Brujo and Worm ( or Snake?). If you are going to start early, will be done by 3-5 hours.
    All these trails will start on Redd road (dead end area). Another way and less time consuming is taking the street (forgot the name) that goes on the right side before Redd road ends. This road will take you all the way up, park your car at the very end and you'll see the trail on the right side of the road. On weekends, you'll see alot of vehicles and riders along this road.
    Thanks for the info.

Does Mayberry start at the end of Redd road too? Are all of the names of the trails marked along the way? Can I find a map at any of the local shops? And finally are these loops or out and backs?

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

el paso trails

Quote Originally Posted by ABQDave
    Thanks for the info.

Does Mayberry start at the end of Redd road too? Are all of the names of the trails marked along the way? Can I find a map at any of the local shops? And finally are these loops or out and backs?

Thanks again.
    Hi,

i'm very sorry to inform you that the trails off redd road has no designated markers. i've seen a trail map before, but it was 5 years ago. the best thing to do is to try 3 local bike shops in el paso; crazy cat cyclery on redd road, crazy cat on mesa street and bicycle company on mesa street. i'm willing to help guide you the trail but i'm going out of town to santa fe this weekend. i'm going back saturday nite and possibly ride sunday morning.
    join any riders is another way, try to ride saturday or sunday morning and take the road that will take you all the way up (before redd road ends, make a right (forgot the name and it will take you all the way up), park you car and you'll see vehicles along the road (riders).
    ask any riders, most of them are friendly and for sure they will be happpy to show you the trails.

BOOST THAT SH*T!
    Good deal. I'll figure it out. I appreciate your help and maybe we can hook up for a ride on another trip. Either you to Albuquerque or myself to EP.

I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006

Good job!

Yo.

My name's Patrick and I live about a 1/2 mile from the trails. It's very simple to get over there. I'd have to know where you're coming from to give you exact directions. The trails out here are really fun. Mikes Trail (Built by Mike, the owner of The Bicycle Company) is pretty difficult on the way up, and can get boring, but the downhill is really fun. You pick up a decent amount of speed but it ends quickly.

Brujos Garden is crazy difficult.

I don't know all of the official names to the trails because my ruding buddies came up with their own names for them. One is the Teeter trail. They named it that because at the top of the trail there is a cool little teeter totter there, if you're brave enough to hit it.

There are plenty of fun trails out there and I know my way around relativley well. I've just started riding so I'm not on the hottest bike out there, but I do my best on what I've got.

If you want to hit the trails with me (you'll probably leave me in the dust and I'll probably slow you down), send me an e-mail, I don't check these forums very often, and we can exhange information to get something going. Let me know, man.

Here's my e-mail.

[email protected]

Talk to you soon.
    Last edited by Bavarian3900; 02-23-2006 at 02:12 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0