Sw houston dj- Mtbr.com

Thread: Sw houston dj

mtbr member
    Dec 2017

Sw houston dj

We are lacking DJ in this area and I am willing to dig and start some new trails. The old Meyerland estate at 610 and Braeswood is ripe for the picking. It has pond already for water and more than enough parking and the cops are cool with people using the area. With all the bayou work being done there is already lots of fill dirt and with the freeway above it has a start hill. I can build some wood kickers asap and have them out with some help. Would be aweosme place to take the kids, progress and chill with like minded people.

Any advice or help is welcome.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Contact GHORBA, get in contact with the land owner (most likely the city), put together a proposal. See if the land owner is interested. After the approval, the manual labor part is easy with enough hands. The political junk is the hard part 100% of the time. Be prepared.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Yeah, Tried the Ghorba route a few times but really just wanting some hands with shovels and riding friends. I got pretty far with the city for Willow Water Hole Velosoultions pump track but Flood control owns the land and will not budge on any building etc. on their property. The old Meyer mansion is owned by them as well. I believe. People fish, dump stuff, drive off road and skate there all the time already. I've gone there scouting many times without any police or workers giving me problems. There is already a concrete area the skaters built some cool jersey barriers with concrete DIY stuff. Thanks for the reply and help though. I appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fertilizer View Post
    Yeah, Tried the Ghorba route a few times but really just wanting some hands with shovels and riding friends. I got pretty far with the city for Willow Water Hole Velosoultions pump track but Flood control owns the land and will not budge on any building etc. on their property. The old Meyer mansion is owned by them as well. I believe. People fish, dump stuff, drive off road and skate there all the time already. I've gone there scouting many times without any police or workers giving me problems. There is already a concrete area the skaters built some cool jersey barriers with concrete DIY stuff. Thanks for the reply and help though. I appreciate it.

Just because other people go there does not make it the right or legal thing to do..
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2019
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018/2019
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    True, Thank you for your input. It will be noted.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleinTexas View Post
    Just because other people go there does not make it the right or legal thing to do..

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Fertilizer View Post
    That sucks and I share your frustration. Ultimately, it's up to the land owner, and from the looks of it, it sounds like they're pretty closed off to the idea. Your best option at this point is to find a proactive MTB organization and funnel the request through them. You will have to do some planning though and send the land owner a proposal that will peak their interest (ie. How could this benefit the area? Where has this type of improvement been successful before? Who will create and maintain the track? Does this org have insurance to cover potential lawsuits from injuries?). All are a gigantic pain in the butt, but that's just a snippet of the barriers associated with working through these kinds of things.
    Most trails in Houston and Austin started as rogue illegal trails and eventually resulted in some sort of conflict with land owners before either legitimization or being shut down. Some people prefer to ask for forgiveness instead of asking for permission.

ride more.
    Nov 2004
    GHORBA sucks.

Build them rogue. Better that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk