Suggested New Year's Resolutions...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Suggested New Year's Resolutions...

In case you are still trying to decide what your New Year's Resolutions are to be, here are some ideas:

1) Ride my mountain bike more.

2) Provide MountainBikeTx.com with some sweet photos after I go riding.

3) Hit a trail or three that isn't located practically (or literally) in my back yard.

4) Write up a trail review to be posted on MountainBikeTx.com.

5) Convince a non-mtb friend why they should start mountain biking.

6) Help MountainBikeTx.com fill in some of the blanks they may have on certain trails.

7) Attend (or enter) at least one mtb-related event/race (for those that don't do so regularly).

...almost seems like a pattern here.
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I have checked out your website and am quite impressed. Well developed and easy to navigate. I am new to this sport but plan on contributing some content. Wouldn't mind picking up one of those t shirts as well.
    2008 Jamis Durango 3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysly
    I have checked out your website and am quite impressed. Well developed and easy to navigate. I am new to this sport but plan on contributing some content. Wouldn't mind picking up one of those t shirts as well.
    Thanks! We always appreciate the thoughts of others (more-so when they are good ones lol). And we definitely appreciate any content you can contribute, be it pics, reviews, whatever. If it makes the site more worthwhile, the better! As for the t-shirts, I of course think that is a great idea!! Personally, I think everyone should have one or two, but what do I know?
    Pedigre

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    see my answers on THE TEXAS MTB FORUM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedigre
    In case you are still trying to decide what your New Year's Resolutions are to be, here are some ideas:

3) Hit a trail or three that isn't located practically (or literally) in my back yard.

6) Help MountainBikeTx.com fill in some of the blanks they may have on certain trails.

7) Attend (or enter) at least one mtb-related event/race (for those that don't do so regularly).

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedigre

I just made my resolutions and I want to volunteer more often, doing trail maintenance and construction. I think I did a little over 100 hours last season and I now have over 3500 hours of trail work experience (most while being a paid trail crew supervisor). Everyone who rides should take part in volunteer trail days. You learn how sustainable trails are built and maintained, you meet future riding partners, you learn to care more for the trails, you make new friends, and you might find a new career.

I've already got my reservation at the Pecan Grove RV Park in Austin during the 2009 SxSW Music Festival. I plan to bring either the Canzo or the Dos Niner and get in a few rides during the week. Any of you Austin locals plan any morning rides that week (March 17-22), I'd love to tag along.

I only know two tunes; one is "Yankee Doodle" and the other isn't.

- Ulysses S. Grant

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigal Son
    I just made my resolutions and I want to volunteer more often, doing trail maintenance and construction.
    THAT's what I forgot to put on that list!!
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigal Son
    I've already got my reservation at the Pecan Grove RV Park in Austin during the 2009 SxSW Music Festival. I plan to bring either the Canzo or the Dos Niner and get in a few rides during the week. Any of you Austin locals plan any morning rides that week (March 17-22), I'd love to tag along.
    I am pretty sure that we can work out a greenbelt ride for you on either the 21st or the 22nd. You could ride to the trailhead from that location.

PM me when it gets closer or post up on bikemojo:
    http://www.bikemojo.com/speak/forumdisplay.php?f=14
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

Members who have read this thread: 0