• 06-16-2020
    ziscwg
    Stuck in Waco with my ebike. Where to ride?
    Where should I ride my ebike in the Waco area?

    I'm going to be in Waco longer than anticipated. Where can I ride something? I don't know where I should ride. Maybe just a place where it won't be noticed by many.

    I can see Cameron park is possible, but I don't want to push my luck
  • 06-16-2020
    BmanInTheD
    I'm not sure if they're allowed in Cameron Park, but DAMN I wish I'd have had one when I was there a couple weeks ago.
  • 06-16-2020
    FJSnoozer
    Reveille peak ranch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 06-16-2020
    ziscwg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BmanInTheD View Post
    I'm not sure if they're allowed in Cameron Park, but DAMN I wish I'd have had one when I was there a couple weeks ago.

    thanks. I'm going to check with them to see what is allowed.

    Some places in CA they are technically not allowed, but no one is there to enforce it. In other places, they just ask you to leave after saying they are not allowed.

    I have ebike to ride "normal" again from an injury, but it's not bad enough (in my opinion) to warrant a disability place card.
  • 06-17-2020
    Leafkiller
    I don't recall ever seeing signs saying ebikes were not allowed in Cameron Park. Either way there are the riverwalks on both sides of the river that I like to ride. I don't know how the loop is now with the construction of I-35. More and more roads are getting bike lanes so there is that option.
  • 06-17-2020
    ziscwg
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Leafkiller View Post
    I don't recall ever seeing signs saying ebikes were not allowed in Cameron Park. Either way there are the riverwalks on both sides of the river that I like to ride. I don't know how the loop is now with the construction of I-35. More and more roads are getting bike lanes so there is that option.

    Thanks, I can just go there and if someone official says anything, I can just leave. It might be just an easy day ride to see some scenery :)
  • 06-17-2020
    FJSnoozer
    Stuck in Waco with my ebike. Where to ride?
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ziscwg View Post
    Thanks, I can just go there and if someone official says anything, I can just leave. It might be just an easy day ride to see some scenery :)

    The rules on the website say motorized on roadways only. You can pretend that you donít have a motor, but that would be false.

    Go ride on private property that allows it.

    Regardless, Donít Strava that BS. It doesnít count and you are really likely to be asked to not come back by the people that build, maintain, and race on these trails.

    You can also contact bear mountain and ask them yourself for guidance. They own a part of the trails.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk