SS in Dallas?- Mtbr.com

Thread: SS in Dallas?

Not Smart Enough to Quit

SS in Dallas?

I'm heading out to Dallas this weekend to see family & was thinking about taking a bike. My brother lives in Highland Village so will I be close to anything? Should I bring the SS or the FS?

Thanks!
    The standing eight count & three knockdown rules are in effect on this trail.

http://compvelo.com/content/

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    SS, there aren't any hills, but there are a lot of tight trails that wind through the woods. You'll be closest to Northshore, but check out DORBA for more details on trail locations. There are quite a few around Dallas, Fort Worth and Denton.

Livin' the Dream
    Northshore is very close to Highland Village (15 minute drive) and it's one of the better trails in the area, overall probably the most challenging imo. The entire length of the trail out and back is right around 18 miles. If you start out at Rockledge you will have all sorts of traffic, the west side from Twin Coves park is much less traveled. I say this b/c it's not a loop so be sure you are vocal coming around blind corners, especially on the weekends. Overall is it is loose rock/sand/roots with the first half being more "flowy." First half would be ideal for a single speed. The second half is more technical with rock gardens, roots, etc., better for a full suspension. I would think you would enjoy the entire trail more on a full suspension. It can be tricky to figure where the hell the trail goes at certain points so it's a good idea to try and hook up with some local riders.
    DO RIGHT AND FEAR NO MAN

Members who have read this thread: 0