Spring / The Woodlands -- Help?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Spring / The Woodlands -- Help?

Hello there folks - I am a CO guy traveling in to the Spring area every week for work - I have searched the nearby options and it seams like there are a few pretty decent trails but I guess I am interested in more of a local's perspective.

I have an option to bring my gravel bike or my hardtail - the case for the gravel bike might be just that I may end up on bike path type stuff more often than not?? Obviously, I would prefer to ride the MTB, but you take what you can get...

I am also noticing it seems like many of the trails are closed at dusk - i am hoping to ride with lights after work through the winter. Looks like that may be an issue as well....

Bottom line - I would be SUPER thankful for any advice anyone might have for me to help me decide if its worth getting a bike out here....

Thanks in advance,

Brian

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Yes, there are trails to ride for mtb and Gravel bike. Either one would be fun. Cypress creek has a facebook page you can look through and same for cypress wood. Both can be ridden together for a longer ride. I ride them at night often and have no problems. DM me for phone number and we can plan a group ride tho show you around.