So...any MTB'n around Wichita Falls- Mtbr.com
    Harrumph

So...any MTB'n around Wichita Falls

So...any MTB'n around Wichita Falls. I find myself relocated to WF for a year or so, and though I'm happy that I can once again get New Belgium products...I still need to find somewhere to ride. So... any suggestions.
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I live in DFW and went to the dorba.org site for the Dallas Off-Road Bicycling Association. They had some links for outlying trails and I found this... http://www.weechita.org/new/trail.asp

A friend of mine also camped at Copper Breaks State Park, which isn't too far from WF and said the trails out there, though not as manicured as around here were pretty technical and worth the trip. Might be some help there. Many of the Texas Parks have trails now, so you might check their site.

Got Mojo?
    The Breaks at Bar H is in St. Joe, about 50 mi. east...

http://www.barhbreaks.com/
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Harrumph
    Thanks, I've found Wee-chee-taw(or whatever) and was just at -H. THe breaks was great riding and I see myself making that dirve pretty often.
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

Got Mojo?

make a weekend out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by G-reg
    THe breaks was great riding and I see myself making that dirve pretty often.

Yup good stuff. And nice for camping also.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Wichita trail is a fun trail to ride. It is around 12 miles total single track with a little bit of everything besides long climbs. For a local trail that is 10 minutes from anywhere in town, it can't be beat. Having been to many trails around north texas, I feel that wichita trail is under-rated. I've been to Bar-H and it's fun, but get ready to climb. Check out Northshore and Boulder in the Dallas area for a great time.

ben

Members who have read this thread: 0