Slack Hardtail In SA- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2017

Hope Slack Hardtail In SA

Hello Gents,

I am fairly new here and just recently started riding again. I has been about 7 years and I came from a BMX(8-12) and mx(12-18) background(currently 25). Looking for a new HT(riding a shit giant revel 29er) that can handle some aggressive riding and equal abuse.

Wondering what LBS y'all would suggest checking out( i have been to a few) that would carry a decent priced ~1300 27.5 HT in our area.

PS- I have been looking at the DB SYNC'R but cant find it in a store.
    THanks,
    Dan

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Probably won't find a syncr in any store but I highly recommend it. Awesome bike. I have a 2017 and went on a whim when ordering it (didn't do anything but research and watch YouTube videos on it the few there are) and glad I did. I did get the military/corporate discount thing which was part of the reason I went with it over any other bike but even without that, I'd still be happy. Nimble, light, well spec'd, very fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyRfishing View Post
    Probably won't find a syncr in any store but I highly recommend it. Awesome bike. I have a 2017 and went on a whim when ordering it (didn't do anything but research and watch YouTube videos on it the few there are) and glad I did. I did get the military/corporate discount thing which was part of the reason I went with it over any other bike but even without that, I'd still be happy. Nimble, light, well spec'd, very fun.
    Thanks Man I ended up getting a tokul 3 from action bikes on sale for like 600 and i have been loving it. It is a plus bike and just a blast to ride. Needs some thicker tires though as i have punctured my sidewalls like 3 times already

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    That's going to be a challenge with plus tires. If the sidewalls are thick enough to resist punctures, the tires (at this technology level) are way too heavy. That's the reason I don't have a plus bike now. That being said, If you feel like subbing a 29" wheel in with regular tires on it, you have that option until tire technology catches up.

mtbr member
    I ran 27.5x3 Nobby Nics on my Ragley Bigwig for just under a year, never ripped or punctured; though I was just getting back into biking then. On my Yeti SB5+, I ran the stock Maxxis Rekon 2.8s for ~6mo and finally slashed them landing on a sharp as hell rock. Both offered great grip on rocks, but not always the best leaning over in loose gravel/sand.

I'm going to give Minions a try next, looking for more of a squared off tire.