San Antonio trails/clubs- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014

San Antonio trails/clubs

Im headed to San Antonio for 6 weeks starting in July. Looking for some good trail recommendations for the area and any good clubs in the area to ride with.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutch98 View Post
    Im headed to San Antonio for 6 weeks starting in July. Looking for some good trail recommendations for the area and any good clubs in the area to ride with.
    That's going to be a warm 6 weeks. My daughter is stationed in San Antonio and rides all year round. I've never ridden out there so I'm no expert but she bounces around all over. My best advice is to check out the San Antonio section of Meet-Up dot com. I know there is a group that does a weekly ride that claims they ride a 15 mph pace for two hours. There are also more riding groups in Austin than S.A. so check that out too.
    2019 Ibis Ripmo
    2019 Yeti SB5 (Sold)
    2018 Intense Tracer (Sold to son)
    2017 Intense Primer

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    These three clubs may help you S.T.O.R.M., San Antonio Wheelmen and the San Antonio Cycling Club. If you don't mind driving to Austin there are numerous trails there too.
    Rick Ankrum
    www.texbiker.net
    Texas Bicycling News, Events and Experiences

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Thanks Texbiker! I found STORM on line last night and checked out their facebook page. Ill have to look the others up. Not really to interested in going up to Austin but maybe once to check it out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Which part of the city will you be staying? And how technical are you looking to get? All of the Greenways in the city are paved. But, each has at least on park with easily accessible trails. If you end up on the northwest side, look at OP Schnabel Park; northeast side, McCallister Park; the Southside is void of any real trails... Though I would recommend Mission Reach even though it's paved because of the 4 missions and other historical sites. Outside of the city are the State Parks, each has a user fee, Government Canyon is open Fri-Mon and for more technical Hill Country Natural Area. And of course if you want to drive a little further west on I10 to Comfort, Flat Rock, but check their schedule.