San Antonio / Schertz area Cibolo Creek trails, is there any info on this?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

San Antonio / Schertz area Cibolo Creek trails, is there any info on this?

San Antonio / Schertz area Cibolo Creek trails, is there any info on this? Ive seen some jeep trails from the roadway overpass on IH35. Just wondering if this is private property or can anyone just go explore the area. Has anyone been down there recently? I live right up the road from there but don't know if biking is allowed. Any info would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Have not been down that part.
    U should try comal dry creek in new braunfels. Not a bad track

mtbr member
    If I understand correctly, since it's part of the "waterway" no one owns the property. There was some talk a while back about trying to get STORM to work with the local Tri-County municipalities to get some trails off the ground, but it seems to have fizzled out, or maybe I'm just not paying attention anymore. I think there are enough locals that want to make this happen, there's just not much in the way of support in Lame Antonio. Check on Bikemojo under Raspa for a thread about this.

Dry Comal is ok, but not worth the drive unless you're already going to be in New Braunfels. It's only about a mile and not really all that well developed. It's fantastic for a trail run, or for a fun ride with the kids. YMMV

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skewe View Post
    Have not been down that part.
    U should try comal dry creek in new braunfels. Not a bad track
    I have yet to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Bob View Post
    If I understand correctly, since it's part of the "waterway" no one owns the property. There was some talk a while back about trying to get STORM to work with the local Tri-County municipalities to get some trails off the ground, but it seems to have fizzled out, or maybe I'm just not paying attention anymore. I think there are enough locals that want to make this happen, there's just not much in the way of support in Lame Antonio. Check on Bikemojo under Raspa for a thread about this.

Dry Comal is ok, but not worth the drive unless you're already going to be in New Braunfels. It's only about a mile and not really all that well developed. It's fantastic for a trail run, or for a fun ride with the kids. YMMV
    Cool thanks a bunch. I was able to ride it the other day. The creek bed was pretty fun but lots and lots of rock gardens out there. I saw a few trucks and ATV's tearing up the place. All and all its a nice little ride.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'm brand new to Schertz and am investigating bikes, hoping to purchase fairly soon. I'll be interested in whatever you find out about these areas

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by XRaptor View Post
    Cool thanks a bunch. I was able to ride it the other day. The creek bed was pretty fun but lots and lots of rock gardens out there. I saw a few trucks and ATV's tearing up the place. All and all its a nice little ride.
    Where do you park to get back in there? I've always wondered about that spot when I've driven over it on 35.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Are you guys talking about Comal dry creek and people tearing it up on ATV?

http://www.nbtexas.org/index.aspx?nid=402

You can run the ATV at the area around the trail head but not toward the back end as it is too narrow.

I have been there about 5-6 times and still find new places I have not been. Checkout the trails behind the baseball park

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachTX View Post
    Where do you park to get back in there? I've always wondered about that spot when I've driven over it on 35.
    I parked under the I35 bridge at the park and ride. From there I just went down to the creek and got on to the trail.

mtbr member

You can run the ATV at the area around the trail head but not toward the back end as it is too narrow.

I have been there about 5-6 times and still find new places I have not been. Checkout the trails behind the baseball park
    Nope, I'm talking about Cibolo creek that IH35 crosses. Bexar and Guadalupe county ends begins.

mtbr member

Skewe,

I'd strongly advise against riding your Quad or other OHV on the Dry Comal Creek Trail since the trail is clearly marked as hike/bike only and New Braunfels/Comal Police heavily canvas the area on top of that the adjacent land is privately held and they will call the Park Police on you.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by XRaptor View Post
    San Antonio / Schertz area Cibolo Creek trails, is there any info on this? Ive seen some jeep trails from the roadway overpass on IH35. Just wondering if this is private property or can anyone just go explore the area. Has anyone been down there recently? I live right up the road from there but don't know if biking is allowed. Any info would be appreciated.
    MountainBikeTx.com | Texas Trails | Region 5 - South Texas Plains

Members who have read this thread: 0