San Angelo trails

Printable View

• 05-18-2012
    2000Z3M
    San Angelo trails
    Anyone know the trails? Would you mind showing me them in an month or two?
  • 05-19-2012
    Pedigre
    I might know someone that might be able to assist...
  • 05-19-2012
    FreesteaderThed
    Heya,

San Angelo State Park is my favorite place to go mountain biking in Texas. There are over 30+ miles of singletrack to ride there. I mostly like it because it's a single speed friendly cross country course. A place to go when you want to ride all day. Although there are challenging sections, for the most part it's a relatively easy course.

The Park headquarters has excellent maps available. Although having a guide would be helpful, the trail system is very well marked.

When you say "in a month or two" that means the middle of Summer. That is a brutal time of year to cycle West Texas. I would suggest a very early ride, or perhaps go at night with lights. I typically avoid riding there in the Summer.
  • 05-20-2012
    millerasm
    i live here in San Angelo, they have a group ride that goes out on Sunday time vary depending onthe temp of that day, stop by Concho bike shop there is a guy there named marlon. hes a cool guy and he will join you for a ride when your ready.
  • 05-22-2012
    2000Z3M
    I can go sooner than a few months, but i dont want to slow people down. I am out of shape and just getting back in the sport. I might go out there next weekend and explore.

-Chris
  • 05-28-2012
    millerasm
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000Z3M View Post
    I can go sooner than a few months, but i dont want to slow people down. I am out of shape and just getting back in the sport. I might go out there next weekend and explore.

-Chris

chris i told marlon about you coming out to san angelo, he said stop by and he will ride out at the park with you..even give you a lift out to the park so you don't have to pay the park fee