Rocky Hill Ranch - Loop sequence / routes?- Mtbr.com
    mathlete
    Nov 2007

Rocky Hill Ranch - Loop sequence / routes?

For those of you who ride rocky hill ranch; what loop “sequence” are you all riding to 10,12, and 16 mile loops? When I’m out there I just sort of ride and end up doing between 12 and 20 miles per loop with no set trail sequence. The map on the website sort of has the routes marked but it does not specifcally state which particular trail sequence equals that milage. I’ll typically make my way around counter clockwise if you can call it that. I’ll usually start up from the trailhead, cut across the campgrounds up drop zone, gray’s way, fat chucks, then enter then Kara’s way from then on I just go. I’ll hit black trac on the way back of course. Route suggestions are welcome.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    That sounds about like we all do. Last time there I thought I'd use the map but found out the segments pretty much flowed into each other intuitively and there's really no need for a map. Look on the RHR website and hit the extra credit loops on the way back is the only thing 'd suggest.

Ron
    mtbr member
    here's my favorite route...it flows together seemlessly

Trail Head > Drop Zone > Gray's Way > Mini Me > Secret SwitchBack > Karaway > Off the Lip > Frontal lobotomy > Bottle in front of me > Long Horn Loop > Triss Cross > Omar's Howl > Tunnel of Pines > Coyote Run > Pine Pin > Avenue of the Pines > Miracle Mile > Leapin Lizards > Y Knot > Black Trac >

mathlete
    Nov 2007
    Ron-Thanks.

I'll give that a shot next time I'm out. I think it is pretty close to what I already do but at least I'll have a definite route to follow. AND no fat chucks too. I love RHR but those climbs right out of the gate kill me. I don't mind them so much on the 2nd loop once I'm warm.

no fat chicks
    for some reason bottle in front o me was shut down when i rode there on monday
    and by shut down, i mean there were sticks placed across the entrance to the section
    off the lip is kick ass and so are the wall and the grind
    #1 NORBA elite singlespeed racer 30-34 age group

mtbr member
    Bottle in front of me was open last Friday (the 26th).

Any idea what the new road going in on the lower section is for (oil, timber, cabins, other?)

Kinda killed some of the flow after the wall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by string
    Bottle in front of me was open last Friday (the 26th).

Any idea what the new road going in on the lower section is for (oil, timber, cabins, other?)

Kinda killed some of the flow after the wall.
    Check here for RHR trail updates, I think what you mention is referenced in one of the threads.
    Pedigre

Members who have read this thread: 0