Rocky Hill Ranch- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Rocky Hill Ranch

Anyone know if the ranch is closed? I called the number on the website and the guy said the place was "no more". Can anyone confirm this? I was thinking about going there this weekend. Guess not.

Rohloff

Crazy Talk!

I checked some local boards. I didn't see any posts about RHR being closed. The RHR website gives no notice of their closing. I'm thinking there must have been some kind of mistake. I'm going to try to forget this post and get a good nights sleep. This is all just crazy talk.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    sorry everyone. Just found out the new website is: www.rockyhillranchtexas.com I talked to the owner and it is still open. Apparently the old website is still up with the old manager's phone #. Tee one I mistakingly called who said he wasn't sure if it was open or closed. Rest easy, it is open. Sorry for the scare.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

rrh

just rode rocky hill last week. did the 15 mile plus loops in the middle of the day. It was extremely hot. I had a 70 oz. camelback and had to fill up teice at the water stations. thanks for those. For anyone going out there this summer it is well worth the trip. Superfast smoothe single track with lots of ups and downs.

A word of advice: bring the largest water bladder you can and also bring some insect repellent. Maybe some DEET, because the horseflies at the top will follow you for miles stinging you along the way!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha-de

A word of advice: bring the largest water bladder you can and also bring some insect repellent. Maybe some DEET, because the horseflies at the top will follow you for miles stinging you along the way!
    no doubt, those guys are FAST!
    Pedigre

Members who have read this thread: 0