• 12-09-2010
    skewe
    Ringtail Ridge Greenspace, San Marcos
    Anybody tried that trail?
    Ringtail Ridge Greenspace

I am thinking of exploring that place in the next few weeks.
    I think there are 2 trails in San Marcos
  • 12-11-2010
    Pedigre
    not personally, but if you do, feel free to send me a review or some pics to add to its listing :)
  • 12-15-2010
    keylay
    Quote:

Originally Posted by skewe
    Anybody tried that trail?
    Ringtail Ridge Greenspace

I am thinking of exploring that place in the next few weeks.
    I think there are 2 trails in San Marcos

Is this behind Dakota Ridge apartments? If so, i've done some hiking and biking back there. Pretty fun, though technical for the area. Alot of cactus close by the trail and sharp, ragged rocks. Not to long, but fun to ride. That was in 2007-2008 though.
  • 01-03-2011
    texasnavy05
    I have been wanting to check it out. I ride purgatory creek alot, and i think it is quite a bit longer, and pretty technical.
  • 01-04-2011
    Pedigre
    Quote:

Originally Posted by keylay
    Is this behind Dakota Ridge apartments?

That's the one :thumbsup:
  • 01-05-2011
    skewe
    Anybody interested in ridding it :)
    I am gain
  • 01-09-2011
    texasnavy05
    Rode this trail this past week. It has a short section of man made berms and very small tabletop jumps, a couple bridges and a total of about 3 miles of trail. good trails overall, just very short.
  • 08-03-2011
    alphamav
    I recently segmented Ringtail on Strava: app.strava.com/rides/978161

A good map is on the San Marcos Greenbelt Alliance website. They will be getting an updated map of Spring Lake and Purgatory "soon." Check in at their blog for updates.

Ringtail is a very nice 2.0 mile warmup for Purgatory if you are going to be riding and not driving to the trail. Beware the plentiful prickly pear cactii.

If you are riding to it, the best entrance is between Dakota Ranch Aptartments and the church (The segment is called The Spur). If you are driving, the entrance is between Dakota and Uhaul/UPS Store/Storage. Follow the caliche road until it dead ends at the trailhead.