Riders of the Redd Road Area Trails / El Paso , TX- Mtbr.com
    Ride On!!

Riders of the Redd Road Area Trails / El Paso , TX

For those of you that havnt been to redd road in awhile to ride, GO RIDE !!! , There are new trails to ride, and a lot of the old trails are still there too , the construction didnt hurt us that much ! The Only problem is that some of the technical sections of the new trails ( ie: small rock step ups , tight switchbacks, etc...on the P2 trail..) are being by passed with little cutter trails , by people that shouldnt be mtn. biking in the 1st place.! LOOK if you cant ride somthing on the trail or the trail gets too technical for your skills , DONT MESS IT UP ,Just get off your bike and walk around it , then go find somthing else to ride , dont mess up hours of work that people took to make the trail , I have ridden with begginers that can make every technical section redd has to offer and ride it better than guys that have been riding for years ! ! .... If you dont like any technical in your mountainbiking rides , then you may need to buy a bike with a much skinnier tire, and a 27" (700cm)wheel, ! ! ! AND if your the type of guy at redd that TALKS a good ride , and can ride everything technical redd has to offer , I hate to burst your technical riding bubble but redd road really has little to no technical at all ........I have been riding redd for a few years now and if you want technical in this town , I mean on your toes technical , Then you need to ride either ROUGH RIDER CANYON or the utep area trails .......I entered a race at ROUGH RIDER CANYON this last weekend , and I cant say enough about how fun those trails are ! ! ! I guess im just sick of some local riders looking the part , but certainley NOT riding the part , Ride it dont TALK IT ! ! ! .........thanks

I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006
    Haha crazy rant from a guy who started one the most popular trails out there!

See you at around 5:45 at Redd today, Paul.

Peace.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Ya I know what you mean! Word.

I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006
    Check your private messages, Paul.

Jul 2006
    Heckler, you're full of yourself. You say GO RIDE and then try to put down every rider but yourself. You're coming off like an idiot.

Ride On!!
    ELPASOBIKER , I dont undersatnd who you say I am putting down ! I dont expect to spend HOURS in the desert making trail for someone to mess up because they couldnt make a step up or what not .....Look everyone started the same way , I can remember walking several sections at redd when I first started riding, and still foot down on occassion ,BUT I NEVER TRIED TO FIX THE STUFF I COULDNT RIDE , I just kept riding until I could make it ..................I am not full of myself , I just ride everyday ....I will be looking for you on your jamis dakar so I can give you a self guided tour of the negotiator and members only ....If youve ridden redd road enough you should know exactly where the negotiator is from the directions on the other post ....Do you know where the pallet is ? Do you know where La Espina is ? The negotiator starts at the top of la espina!!!! The only riders I put down in the previous post are all those that open their mouth at the bike shop about how good they are ( that I worked @ for 3 yrs. ) , and then when i see them at the trail they cant even ride downhill , much less steep uphills , I dont know why the post bothered you so much , It certainly wasnt ment for you , or was it ?.....SEE YOU ON THE TRAILS " NAME CALLER ".....

Jul 2006
    Maybe I came off a lttle gruff. I talk about biking all the time. I think I'm pretty good but then again, I do it for the love. I've ridden over 15 years and for the past 6, I've ridden the Redd Road trails 2 to 4 times a week. Thing is, I'm 47 yrs old - I AINT GONNA GET ANY BETTER! But then again, I do it for the love and exercise. So when you say you know all these beginners that ride RRtrails better than a lot of people that have ridden them for years, I think you may be talking about me. Instead of putting people down who love the sport, you should be thrilled that people want to go do it. If youre a billybadass on the bike, thats cool. I've lost several teeth and broken several bones. I dont do that any more. Does that make me less of a rider than you? I dont think it does... Sorry for the idiot remark.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Redd road trails for motorbike also?

I saw two motorbikes going up and down Mike's trail and Little Moab trail last Sunday.
    I don't want to be rude to them, but are they allowed to use the above mentioned single track trails? The trails are more loose now and has small rocks along the trails. I just need your attention regarding this matter...for sure the rider who made these trails has to say something. I'm just a concern MTB rider.

Ride On!!
    Yeah , I know what your saying , I saw two guys when I was finishing my ride the other day on fat cat type motorcycles , I wasnt close enough to say somthing .....Im not sure if they can ride out there or not ......I know there are park boundries and they are NOT supposed to be riding those on park land , but the way I feel about the park on redd side is that they never come over to that side of trhe park and enforce anything , its kinda like their step child part of the park ......I usually try to tell them to keep off of the single track if I see motorcycles....Anyways , Have you been to the norhteast side of transmountain , The single track over there is pristine , and new trailos popping up every time I go back out there...let me know if you havnt been and I will give directions , iTs as nice as dona ana .........

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

motorbike on MTB singletrack trails

Heckler10812,

Thanks for sharing the concern regarding the MTB trails. Next time i see this motorcyle riders, i will talk to them and let them know to stay away on the single track trails.

I heard about the trails on the northeast side of town, never been there yet. Give me the direction and i'll try to find and ride it. How many miles is this trails?

Are you one of the riders on that freeride video? Awesome video and good MTB skills.

Best regards,

Akazan

Ride On!!

Northeast Trails

Akazan ,
    To get to the Northeast trails from the west side of town, ( im assuming you live on the west side ) Go over transmountain until you come to the lights at interstate 54, Go north ( left ) on 54 and exit MLK BLVD , Make a left on Martin Luther King Blvd and continue until you come to the 1st set of street lights ( which is jon cunningham ) , Make a left at the lights and continue on jon cunningham until street dead ends into the city park , parking lot ( this is where you park .) head torwards the concrete dam and get on top of it and make a left ...Continue to the left(which is right behind resendential homes) until you come to the end of the trail/road...Go through the gate at the end of the trail and make a right turn onto the jeep road , Follow the jeep road slightly downhill for about a 1/4mile , while riding on the jeep road look for the singlr track on the left side , like I said about a 1/4 mile from the gate ......Once on the single track, take the single track torwards ther base of the mountain and you will run across several other trails .......Just remember once youve climbed about 2 miles to a wash make a left and look for single track on the right ....That should give you a descent loop ......Its hard to tell you from there where the other stuff is , because im slightly new to those trails as well , BUT TRUST ME THEY ARE WORTH RIDING ......My buddy and I usually ride out there 2 -3 times a week and you are welcome to meet us for a ride .....We usually ride pretty early in nthe am ......But if you would like to head out there alone , You cant get lost , you climb the 1st half of the ride , and downhill to the parking lot for the 2nd , and some fun inbetween .....Oh yeah thats me in that vid , my buddy and I get kicks outta filming ............Paul

Members who have read this thread: 0