Reveille Peak Ranch- Mtbr.com
    ronbo613

Reveille Peak Ranch

I rode Reveille Peak Ranch for the first time a few days ago, a great place to ride and plenty challenging in spots, especially the Super D course.

About 45 minutes from my place in Leander, it's worth a try, lots of fun.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Rpr

Glad you dig it! It is always good to see the SuperD get some love, as it will get me motivated to get back out there and put in a little work/clean things up a bit. The trail selection and riding surface combination there make the place very unique.

ronbo613
    It is always good to see the SuperD get some love
    There are a couple drop offs on that course that warrant 100% concentration, especially if you don't know they are coming. A couple of tight passages that would be a real challenge in the racing frame of mind as well.
    I retired from Super D racing after Adam Craig beat me at the Mt. Hood Super D by about a half hour, but I know a challenging course when I see one.
    RPR is a great place to ride and the management is cool, seems like a front line riding spot in the Austin area.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I rode there for the first time this past Saturday and I really enjoyed it. I think it may be favorite technical trail. The rocks and trail surface definitely make it a nice challenge and it is also very scenic. I liked the super d course but the upper loop and peak loop were my favorites. Lots of places that demand your full attention. My upper body was more sore on Sunday than my legs and I think that is a result of how technical it is. Can't wait to get back down there.

ronbo613
    A few more photos from yesterday:

ronbo613
    More photos from last weekend

If you head out to RPR, make sure you take a couple spare tubes. For some reason, I've been getting more than my fair share of flats.
    These might have something to do with it:

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Love it out there, thanks for the pics! Got me stoked to make the 2+ hour trip back and get that upper body workout!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    We'll be visiting the Austin area twice this year, once just passing thru in June and then again for a bit longer in November. So, direct me to the best source of driving directions, trail maps, etc from the Round Rock area. I've ridden Walnut Creek several times, BCGB and Emma Long once, would like do to more! Coming from the Seattle area, so it's very different from what I'm used to.

mtbr member
    May 2007