Rear tire for Palo Duro?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Rear tire for Palo Duro?

I'll be riding in Cap Rock Canyon and Palo Duro Canyon state parks over spring break, and was wondering what rear tire locals would recommend. I'm currently running 2.35 nevegals front and rear, and love the neves as a front tire, but the rear is already getting torn up. I was thinking about a small block 8 but was worried about how it would do in the sand. I'm also thinking of the WTB exiwolf, maybe a weirwolf if it rolls decent. Basically I'm looking for the holy grail of light weight, decent rolling resistance, and traction in hardpack, loose over hard, and the ability to make it through a little bit of mud occasionally.
    Thanks
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by Owler
    Do not dispute right of way with a tree.

Ride, Sleep, Work
    You will get a wide range of tires opinions from te rides in this area. I ride Karmas f&r. The Maxxis Larsen TT is a great tire for around here also. IMO you do not need a big tire for around here.

These two tires get my vote.

You mught look up the trails at the Girl Scout Ranch while you are up here. They are not long, about 8 miles, but they are fun and close to Amarillo.
    Click to save 15% off your 1st Hammer nutrition order
    http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/50110

Feb 2007
    Yep....2.1 max. I would highly recommend Maxxis Crossmark, they are the cat's meow. Also like Michael said, check out the GS Ranch in Amarillo and the trails in Lubbock are nice right now.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the help, I ended up going with a small block 8. It might not work as well as the one's you guys mentioned for palo duro, but it'll work better for what i normally ride and should be ok for my trip.

Where can I get more info on girl scout ranch? The reviews here and google didn't turn up anything useful.

bcd
    mtbr member
    park here the trails are to the north.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...m=1&iwloc=addr

mtbr member
    Thanks, I'll have to check those trails out if i can make it. Looks like the bike may not be up to it, hopefully things will work out.

Members who have read this thread: 0