RCFP Freeride Festival 06'- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

RCFP Freeride Festival 06'

Sup yall? Our annual festival will be November 3-4-5 2006.. Come and see the sickest trails in Texass.. Come jump and play all day, if u dare, w/ food and beer in the eve.. Be prepared w/ some good body armor.. Sponsored by the Roughriders , 661 , Hayes Brakes , New Belgium Brew , Red Bull , Banshee Bikes.. Hope to see some Texass monkeys down here.. Peace

mtbr member
    May 2004
    link to site? location? pictures? just a bit more information would be groovy.

Sep 2005

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

ouch
    Still, kinda need more info...I posted on our shop site to try and get a group together, but I need to know exact location and some more about where to crash, fees, etc...

Ride On!!

Rough Rider Canyon Kicks Ass

yeah yeah, count me in ! ! ! ! ! , let me know if you need help with the trails.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    The place is El Paso Texass.. Nov. 3-4-5 2006 .. $20 for all 3 days .. You can camp at the canyon or get a motel back at I-10 and Horizon or in El Paso.. Directions on the site www.roughriderracing.org .. Its gonna be funn , food , freeriding.. Bring your armor.. Thanx heckler yo..

mtbr member
    Sounds cool. Put on a trials comp too!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Spread the word and bring it yo!! That would be awesome.. email me from my site www.roughriderracing.org ..

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat111
    The place is El Paso Texass.. Nov. 3-4-5 2006 .. $20 for all 3 days .. You can camp at the canyon or get a motel back at I-10 and Horizon or in El Paso.. Directions on the site www.roughriderracing.org .. Its gonna be funn , food , freeriding.. Bring your armor.. Thanx heckler yo..
    groovus maximus.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Comin up.. sickness is coming..

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rocpyro
    Sounds cool. Put on a trials comp too!
    We could probably make that happen. There are a few local trials riders (including me) that would be interested. At the very least we could set up a trials playground. The whole area is exposed desert with lots of rocks, so there is plenty of natural terrain. It would just be a matter of hiking out and finding something to ride. Send me a pm if you are interested and I'll try to get out there and take some pictures in the next couple of weeks.

mtbr member
    yeah, as rocpyro said, put on a trials comp, and we will show up

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The trials competition is happening on Saturday, Nov 4. I wasn't able to get any pictures, but we scoped out a natural area that looks pretty good. There looks to be options for any level of rider. The problem is that none of us knows much about setting up a trials comp. If we get enough riders, I think we could tape off some sections pretty easily and set up a competition. I need input from some more experienced riders on how to set up the sections.

One idea that was tossed around was to have an open format kind of like a freeride competition. Riders could be judged on the creativity if their lines, difficulty, style, smoothness, etc. It sounds cool to me. It would be fun to see how well this idea works in reality.

Either way, we are having a trials event of some kind. Come out and play.

ouch
    3 from S.A. coming your way.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I will put some pics asap of the trials area.. Its rad.. Freeride trials , pic the best line.. It is based in a ravine w/ limstone ledges.. It is a sick trials area.. Bring yur DH rigs too.. Bring a 4x4 too if ya have one.. The more the merrier.. peace

El Mas Chingon
    Got PICS?
    Moots Cinco
    Vassago Optimus Ti
    Cervelo Prodigy

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I will .. ASAP.. Thanx to everyone that showed.. It was rad..

Members who have read this thread: 0