Rain on my parade.......- Mtbr.com

Jul 2008

Rain on my parade.......

I was hoping to get some riding in today, well pretty much the rest of the week, but with all this rain it dont look like thats gonna happen.

So my question is; how long does it usually take the local trails around town to dry up? Assuming its not going to rain anymore and with sun blazing should they be good to ride for tomorrow evening and the rest of the weeknd?

Thanks for your input

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

please...

...name the town and trail system so someone could possibly give you an effective answer to your inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by lovebomber
    I was hoping to get some riding in today, well pretty much the rest of the week, but with all this rain it dont look like thats gonna happen.

So my question is; how long does it usually take the local trails around town to dry up? Assuming its not going to rain anymore and with sun blazing should they be good to ride for tomorrow evening and the rest of the weeknd?

Thanks for your input

Jul 2008
    sorry.... .i meant houston trails, MP, the anthills, cypresswood ect.

Texan
    I ride the Anthills and if the rain stops today, the uppers should be ok by the weekend. They usualy drain off pretty quick. The lowers may take an extra day or two. You may be ok on Sunday.

Texan

Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary H
    I ride the Anthills and if the rain stops today, the uppers should be ok by the weekend. They usualy drain off pretty quick. The lowers may take an extra day or two. You may be ok on Sunday.
    cool deal, thanks man

i am, therefore, i ride
    Give it a day to dry and it should be good to ride by Saturday afternoon, definitely good by Sunday! Better yet, why don't you join the Time Trial Race at Jack Brooks Park on Sunday?

Trail has been bone dry prior to the rain, it just absorbed up the much needed rain. The rain only packed it down and made it fast.
    "Life is good..... enjoy it !!!!!"

Members who have read this thread: 0