Races- Mtbr.com

Thread: Races

mtbr member

Races

What kind of races would you like to see around Texas/ LA? I haven't been mountain biking real long, but I would love to put on some races here and there if possible. I was thinking something lie a series type race of 5-7 races. Where would you like to see these and what should I offer?

I reside in East Texas and would like to keep it within 5 hours or so of the area.
    I hunt, I fish, and now ...I build bikes

meh
    you realize many, many races are put on already right (local, regional, statewide etc)?
    not sure what you are asking

mtbr member
    I do realize this, but is there anything they are lacking? any ideas from the racers is what I am asking

meh
    umm, still not sure what you mean by lacking...
    looks like youve been riding for a year, have you raced at all? not sure you understand what goes into them?
    id look into volunteering at local races, lotta work goes into many of them, you arent just gonna up and start a race series on a whim

XC racer
    May 2005
    I'm kind of confused here too. TMBRA's affliliates put on spring and fall XC series, along with a winter marathon series. DORBA puts on a North Texas fall XC series, along with some winter endurance events. GHORBA has a local short track series in the spring, and there's even a couple of grassroots weekly series in Austin. Louisiana is just firing up their first ever State Championship series this spring.
    Texas is blessed. You can pretty much find a race almost every weekend from September through May, and even a handful of one-off races in the hot summer months. What exactly is lacking that makes another series viable?

mtbr member
    I basically didn't know of two of the three series. So that helps a lot. I guess what I was looking at is if there are things done at these races people like/don't like.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbscott
    You can pretty much find a race almost every weekend from September through May, and even a handful of one-off races in the hot summer months.
    He speaks the truth. And don't forget the marathon series in the winter, or DORBA's frozen endurance series, et al
    Pedigre

Big Boy
    i would like to see more super D races.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!! :cornut:

mtbr member
    Ultra/NUE format type races, AKA: "hundies"

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RSWMTB View Post
    Ultra/NUE format type races, AKA: "hundies"

I"m with him. Strikes me as odd that Texas doesn't have an NUE race or something similar. Those things are taking off fast.
    Frank Webber | Orbea USA
    Customer Service | MTB Promotion

XC racer
    May 2005
    There was an ultra endurance mtb race at Double Lake last spring with options up to 72 hours, also included running categories. Not much publicity, VERY low turnout, I think 10 or less folks for cycling.
    On the other hand, TMBRA has a marathon series over the winter that usually gets anywhere from 40-150 entrants at each venue, and DORBA also has a winter endurance series.

mtbr member
    Check out the next in the Louisiana State Championship Series of cross-country mountain bike racing (LAXC). We'll be hitting it fast and furious in Baton Rouge on October 7th!

mtbr member
    We invite you over on a non-TMBRA weekend, November 4th to Lake Kincaid in Alexandria, LA for a super-fast 12-mile loop through one of the most scenic parks in the state. It's smack dab in the middle of the state and everyone seems to enjoy riding at Lake Kincaid. See the series website for more info and online registration.

Members who have read this thread: 0