Possible relocation to Fort Worth.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Possible relocation to Fort Worth.

I'm considering a job change and relocation to Fort Worth from Kentucky. I often commute to work via my mt. bike and I would like to do the same in F.W.

1. Can anyone comment on commuting in For Worth? Are there "better" places to live (than others) within a 20 mi radius that would considerably be an advantage for commuting?

2. Secondly. Are there any rails-to-trails, (extended) bike paths or long out-and-back trails in the area? Along with mt. biking I like to keep the mileage up and found this to be the best way without the hassle of riding the roads.

Thanks.

Feb 2004
    check out the cowtown mtb group, they have a link to the area trails--And, cars/drivers are not friendly in the dfw area

http://www.cowtownmtb.org/

good luck!

Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jneutron
    check out the cowtown mtb group, they have a link to the area trails--And, cars/drivers are not friendly in the dfw area

http://www.cowtownmtb.org/

good luck!

Also, www.dorba.org

They have some forums for you to get a better sampling.

Not much public transit in Fort Worth. As for commuting on the bike, the TCU area is nice and is close to downtown Ft. W.
    Around the Zoo and around Camp Bowie road. As for Rails to Trails, Arlington, and Las Colinas has nice paved trails and also around White Rock Lake Dallas.

Trains to them? Hmmm, don't think so. I can tell you however on the dorba page there is a listing of trail forums and rides. This is a great area for trails hard and not so hard.
    Northshore Trail is an out and back that is an advanced ride if you do the whole 19+ miles out and back with a little road section in the middle to air out the legs.

Good luck!

May 2006
    I personally ride bikes all over Fort Worth,

It is a very friendly bike town with paved trails that run everywhere across the city and ballots in front of the city presently to add 50 more miles of paved trails. the busses all have bike racks on them. There are ample amounts of bike shops with great gear.
    a rode club in fort worth as well as a off road club. Trails galore within 5 to 100 miles away.

you can ride comfortably all year long,

Personally I think Fort Worth is a great place to live and ride on a daily basis

I have for over 25 years

Members who have read this thread: 0