mtbr member

Pedernales Falls

Was wondering if anyone has been out there lately, curious about the trail conditions and your reviews of the trails.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Made it out there and definitely going back, nothing really technically difficult other than navigating rock gardens. Lots of flowing single track and decent climbs mixed together and didn't see a single person out on the trails in over three hours.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by natas1321 View Post
    Made it out there and definitely going back, nothing really technically difficult other than navigating rock gardens. Lots of flowing single track and decent climbs mixed together and didn't see a single person out on the trails in over three hours.

Iíve been curious about that place for a while now, but never been. Iíve heard conflicting reports about some cool new single track out there but all the reviews I read seem to say itís a lot of double track and not all that great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedTheWolf View Post
    Iíve been curious about that place for a while now, but never been. Iíve heard conflicting reports about some cool new single track out there but all the reviews I read seem to say itís a lot of double track and not all that great.

This couldnít be further from the truth. Use trail forks to navigate the following loop. Park just down the hill on the right from the ranger station.

Juniper ridge (ignore the first turn for madrone)
    Madrone (fast non technical Singletracks that crosses the road twice ignore the turnoff for parking and ride it to the end where it rides straight over the road.
    End of madrone is a downhill that merges back into Juniper. Take a right on Juniper.
    Left on South loop and head back to your car.

This is a non double track ride and if you think itís not technical, good luck beating my wifeís strava tome XD. Juniper ridge is classic Texas limestone goodness.

mtbr member
    I had never been till all of the rain left pedernales as an only option and now really wished I had been before. There is nothing to difficult or technical but very enjoyable, mostly scattered rock gardens mixed with singletrack with well marked trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedTheWolf View Post

Also might check out purgatory creek at san marcos, went there due to the weather as well and found out that it is really a fun ride with the lower loop being mostly fast single track and the upper loop being more rock gardens and some good climbs and more technical but fun unlike most of the reports that I had read about the trails.