palo duro canyon dh vid- Mtbr.com
    bcd
    mtbr member

palo duro canyon dh vid

hey i live in fritch, it just north of amarillo.

our local dh/fr spot is in palo duro canyon.

here is a little vid of some of our trails.

RIP Cash

http://www.bcdracing.com/pics/pdc/pdc.mp4

Mar 2006

Good job!

Great video
    PD looks like a bada$$ area to ride, I'm about 100 mi. south of there and I am going to try to make it out to PD in about a month or so.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    nice shots.. I rode that stuff when i was there.. AWESOME.. There could be so much more.. Its short, but that means you get up to the top faster.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    where are these trails at in the canyon?

TNC
    noMAD man

I was wondering too.

Quote Originally Posted by ostncoln
    where are these trails at in the canyon?
    I was out there last fall for about 3 days. I brought one of my bikes and rode a couple of hours each day in the evenings. I rode every trail I saw on the map and a couple of short stretches that weren't on the map, but I didn't see some of the more technical spots on that vid. I really enjoyed the trails there, but they were basic flowing trails with little technical terrain that I saw. I was a little disappointed because I was riding a trail Bullit and was looking for a little more challenge. If I missed something, I don't know how. I know darned well I didn't see a couple of really identifiable spots evident in that vid. Was everything on the vid "legal" or is there some new stuff since last October?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    you didnt look in the right places..

TNC
    noMAD man

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat111
    you didnt look in the right places..
    So where on the map is that tight boulder jump located? I still have my map, because I intend to ride those trails again when I go through there. And if they're not exactly named on the map, what spot are they close to. I'm not flaming anyone here...just trying to locate those spots. I'm fairly positive I rode everything on that park hand-out map, but if there's some neat stuff like I saw in that vid, I'm up for it.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Bump. I'd still like to know the location of that tight boulder spot as it relates to the map and trail. Anyone?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    call hills sport shop in amarillo.. i dont know the #.. They will fill ya in..peace

Sep 2005
    palo duro rules. man, who would ever guess it was there, though?

Jul 2006
    wow, thanks a lot for sharing this. i always thought the canyon would be cool to ride, but i never knew it looked like that. i really want to get out there soon. it's been raining non stop here on the coast for about 3 weeks now, i could use some arid riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    well i found these trials today. it takes some work to get up them but coming down is awesome. othere than that the main trails kinda sucked b/c it looks like the a-holes on horseback waited for it to rain then went tromping around so there is a lot of places that are f-ed up from the horses. even on the capital peek trail where they are not allowed. if you cant tell i cant stand those horse riders.

Members who have read this thread: 0