palo duro canyon dh vid

Printable View

• 04-27-2006
    bcd
    palo duro canyon dh vid
    hey i live in fritch, it just north of amarillo.

our local dh/fr spot is in palo duro canyon.

here is a little vid of some of our trails.

RIP Cash

http://www.bcdracing.com/pics/pdc/pdc.mp4
  • 04-27-2006
    reklaw707
    Great video
    PD looks like a bada$$ area to ride, I'm about 100 mi. south of there and I am going to try to make it out to PD in about a month or so.
  • 04-28-2006
    mountaingoat111
    nice shots.. I rode that stuff when i was there.. AWESOME.. There could be so much more.. Its short, but that means you get up to the top faster.
  • 07-10-2006
    ostncoln
    where are these trails at in the canyon?
  • 07-10-2006
    TNC
    I was wondering too.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ostncoln
    where are these trails at in the canyon?

I was out there last fall for about 3 days. I brought one of my bikes and rode a couple of hours each day in the evenings. I rode every trail I saw on the map and a couple of short stretches that weren't on the map, but I didn't see some of the more technical spots on that vid. I really enjoyed the trails there, but they were basic flowing trails with little technical terrain that I saw. I was a little disappointed because I was riding a trail Bullit and was looking for a little more challenge. If I missed something, I don't know how. I know darned well I didn't see a couple of really identifiable spots evident in that vid. Was everything on the vid "legal" or is there some new stuff since last October?
  • 07-10-2006
    mountaingoat111
    you didnt look in the right places.. :madman:
  • 07-11-2006
    TNC
    Ok
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mountaingoat111
    you didnt look in the right places.. :madman:

So where on the map is that tight boulder jump located? I still have my map, because I intend to ride those trails again when I go through there. And if they're not exactly named on the map, what spot are they close to. I'm not flaming anyone here...just trying to locate those spots. I'm fairly positive I rode everything on that park hand-out map, but if there's some neat stuff like I saw in that vid, I'm up for it.:D
  • 07-13-2006
    TNC
    Bump. I'd still like to know the location of that tight boulder spot as it relates to the map and trail. Anyone?
  • 07-13-2006
    mountaingoat111
    call hills sport shop in amarillo.. i dont know the #.. They will fill ya in..peace:madman:
  • 07-15-2006
    mountaindewberry
    palo duro rules. man, who would ever guess it was there, though?
  • 07-26-2006
    Product
    wow, thanks a lot for sharing this. i always thought the canyon would be cool to ride, but i never knew it looked like that. i really want to get out there soon. it's been raining non stop here on the coast for about 3 weeks now, i could use some arid riding.
  • 09-12-2006
    ostncoln
    well i found these trials today. it takes some work to get up them but coming down is awesome. othere than that the main trails kinda sucked b/c it looks like the a-holes on horseback waited for it to rain then went tromping around so there is a lot of places that are f-ed up from the horses. even on the capital peek trail where they are not allowed. if you cant tell i cant stand those horse riders.