Op Schnabel in San Anotnio- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Op Schnabel in San Anotnio

Well, the best trail in san antonio is slowly being destroyed one day at a time. The new concrete trail they're putting in is cutting right through some of the funnest lines. Why do humans have to phuk everything up!
    Destroying our trails just to appease the idea that there is a place for fat san antonians to exercise. Hardly anyone will be using it except for some hardcore runners and post-partum women pushing strollers trying to lose the baby fat!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    dude! trust me it sucks now but will preserve what we have for the future. also there will be new lines built and the trails will more than likely become better. I.E. more singletrack less dirt highway

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Gotta have something for all the wallyworld specials to ride. We all know those bikes are not meant for going off-road.

Seriously, I have never seen so many department store junkers out on trails in my life. It kinda scares me, and not just for their safety. So many uninitiated riders means that you will certainly have a conflict at some point in time. Even at McAlister I didn't see many 2 wheeled pogo sticks. I guess it has to do with there being so many different levels of trails at OP.
    Get on your bikes and ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Did 13 miles the other day and was so upset by the damn concrete. What a shame. Some of the NATURE TRAIL even has concrete surrounded by PLANTED SOD.

What a joke.

mtbr member
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    . Sure new trails can be made, but by who. hell, i'd love to build some new trails. If there is a working party i'll go. I am hoping they don't destroy the dirt jumps right on the other side of Prue road bridge. so far they have made it that point in the trail demolishing. I have plans for that place, i.e. resurrecting those jumps!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha-de
    . Sure new trails can be made, but by who. hell, i'd love to build some new trails. If there is a working party i'll go. I am hoping they don't destroy the dirt jumps right on the other side of Prue road bridge. so far they have made it that point in the trail demolishing. I have plans for that place, i.e. resurrecting those jumps!
    You should post your interest in helping redevelop the trails on that thread I previously linked
    Pedigre

Members who have read this thread: 0