North Dallas Single Speed Riders- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

North Dallas Single Speed Riders

Anyone riding SS in the North Dallas area? Would like to hook up with a few riders at some point if possible.

mtbr member
    try hitting up the DORBA forum for better feedback
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I think there are a lot of single speeders in North Dallas. There the guys that usually pass me. I personally ride Northshore most of the time. I work weekends so some weekday mornings when I can ditch the kids. There is alot of posting on the DORBA forums about rides and groups getting together.

mtbr member
    I will check the DORBA site. Northshore is pretty easy trial, right. I mean, I know there are some places where they are tough, but there is a lot of easy track there, right? I am trying to find someplace like this to start riding.

meh
    i wouldnt call it easy compared to many of the trails around, but def doable on SS, tons of people ride SS out there
    if you are a first time SSer there are better options to get your legs under you though, but as long as you stay on the east side of NS its not bad

XC racer
    May 2005
    Out of all of the trails I've ridden in and around Dallas, I would think Rowlett Creek would be singlespeed heaven.

mtbr member
    I will check out Rowlette and the east side of NS.

Clewttu - you hit the nail on the head - until I get my fitness up to par I am looking for easy trails to keep my legs under me.

meh
    then as mentioned, Rowlett Creek and LB Houston are good spots, depending on where you live

mtbr member
    LB Houston is closest to me (I am in far north Carrollton), but Rowlette would be a good day trip.

My proxomity to Grapevine is what makes it attractive - only 30 minutes from my house.

Arbor Hills is the closest, but those trails (while not all that tough) as so tight and twisty that I can't get what I want, which is a good constant pedal rate. Although, they are fun to ride, just a bit frustrating with all the switchbacks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    You should check out the Horseshoe trail in Grapevine. Its pretty easy but a nice 7.5 mile loop. It used to be a pain navigating but they are getting better about marking the trail directions now. I would say Horseshoe is a calmer version of Northshore.

Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Very much, thanks. This sounds like exactly what I need. I will check out Horseshoe trail this week. Thanks

mtbr member
    Looks like just the ticket. Here is a good map and description;

http://www.mbpost.com/trail/264212/h...pevine-tx.html

mtbr member
    Horseshoe is actually pretty easy on a SS except for one or two spots. Arbor Hills is close to you in Carrollton too, and it's a bit more challenging aerobically than HS - especially if you do multiple laps.
    Mind your own religion.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Northshore was the first trail I rode SS. It took a couple of rides to figure things out but that was mostly just momentum issues being new to SS.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleytoo
    Anyone riding SS in the North Dallas area? Would like to hook up with a few riders at some point if possible.

29er SS here...Just got back into riding and absolutely love the different conditioning and mind games a SS gives me. Im in McKinney, always looking for people to ride with.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm in Carrollton (close to Keller Springs and Marsh) and Rowlett and NS both take roughly the same amount of time to get to for me as a heads up. Rowlett is great for SS.
    AG

When in doubt, lean more. 95% of the time it will solve the problem; the other 5% of the time it'll end the suspense.

Members who have read this thread: 0