New technical trail features at the Goodwater Trail in Georgetown north of Austin- Mtbr.com
    Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004

New technical trail features at the Goodwater Trail in Georgetown north of Austin

Many, many thanks to Nat and Rachael Lopes (pronounced like ropes,) one of the International Mountain Bicycling Association's Trail Care Crews for giving us some great knowlegde on building advanced technical trail. The pictures are below.

Thanks to Sean McGaughey and Mark Hennecke for coming out and providing some of the tools. Thanks to ARRMBC for suporting the event and providing the tools. Thanks to Bicycle Sport Shop on Barton Springs Rd., and to Hill Abell in particular, for hosting the Thursday social time and video show. Thanks to Hill for providing the keg of beer!!! Nat and Rachael's video presentation was sweeeet! I'm going to email IMBA to tell them they should be producing and selling that video.

Thanks to everyone who attended the event.

We worked on three projects, a multi-line ledge for jumping and going up, a rainbow bridge to get over a downed tree, and a ~15 foot log ride about 4 feet off the ground. I broke my camera trying to ride it, so I don't have all the pictures downloaded yet. I'll try to post more later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinerider
    Awesome fun. Wait till you see the 4' wheelie drop that we created out at Georgetown! D and Nat found a way to ride UP it!
    Here's the vid (@ 12.6M) of me doing it. This was right before I broke my camera on another attempt.

WARNING: Some may be offended by the word **** being spoken in the video. If so, turn the volume down.

D

D

Nov 2005
    Looks great! Where in G'town is the Goodwater Trail?

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tallboy69
    Looks great! Where in G'town is the Goodwater Trail?
    It surrounds Lake Georgetown. YOu can ride from any of the parks on the north side of the lake. The south side is closed to bikes due to endangered species habitat.

D

Members who have read this thread: 0