New rider in Rockwall looking for a bike...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New rider in Rockwall looking for a bike...

Just got into it recently, been doing the trails off 66/Centerville in Garland, my brother bought me a Schwinn Ranger for my birthday about a month ago to see if I'd like it and I'm hooked after clocking about 80 miles but the Schwinn is falling apart.
    I was looking into a Hardrock or Rockhopper at Rockwall Cycling and may go check out Richardson Bike Mart but thought I'd see if any locals have something nice they want to sell. Looking in the $400 max range.

mtbr member
    Check out Craig's List, too...just know what you are looking at since you never know on there.
    Pedigre

meh
    check out dorba's for sale forum, local riders sell their stuff there and you can usually find a decent deal on some good bikes
    http://www.dorba2.com/forum/dorba-fo...s/buy-and-sell

while the rockhopper is an ok starter (stay away from the hardrock), if you are getting into riding like it sounds like, id caution you from buying a new one, spesh is overpriced for the crap components that come on them

mtbr member
    Johnny at Rockwall Cycling hooked me up, got a 2011 smurf blue Hardrock Disc 29er and couldn't be happier... unless I had spent another $500 on something nicer ...

Virtus pre nummis
    What ever you do don't go to Dallas Bike Works! Numbskulls! I have a 2009 Monocog 29er 21” frame, single speed 32/16 gearing, adjustable stem, Water bottle cage, Bar ends, equipped with 29” DH19 Alexrims comes with both WTB Exiwolf 2.3 off road knobby tires and a pair of bulletproof Schwalbe 2.35 Big Apple Street Tires, Tektro disc brakes, Inline Mountain Bike Comfort Seat.

Bike was purchased in May of 2009 and has been ridden 10 miles daily and has a total of 1742 miles as of the date of this posting. Bike cost $465.00 new. Disc brakes cost $125.00 and Schwalbe Big Apples were $90.00 for set. Total cost at purchase was $680.00. Sale Price is $500.00 firm and will be available next week after new bike arrives at bike shop. This is a big man’s bike!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!

meh
    he already bought a hardrock....trying to sell an ss to a newb is not cool

Virtus pre nummis
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu
    he already bought a hardrock....trying to sell an ss to a newb is not cool

Who the hell are you to tell me what is not cool! I was a newb and someone on this very forum talked me into buying a SS! Mind your own business clew-less!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!

meh
    lol, wasnt meaning to sound harsh, sorry if you took it that way...but no, newbs shouldn't start out on a ss, they def can, but most would agree thats not ideal...too each his own though

Members who have read this thread: 0