New to the MB XC/Trail scene- Mtbr.com

Mar 2009

New to the MB XC/Trail scene

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and introduce myself to the forums! My new MB (Motobecane Fantom Trail HT) will be here tomorrow I'm stoked! I'm an IPMBA certified police cyclist off and on and did a little BMX when I was young but the trail stuff is gonna be new territory for me. I plan on dividing my time between Cameron Park and BLORA as I live around waco and work down by Fort Hood. If anyone has some any recommendations on trails and technique please shoot em my way! Hope to run into you all out in the dirt!

mtbr member
    You also have the Lake Waco Trails and Dana Peak Park to choose from. I haven't had the opportunity to check either out, but I know a certain someone will be glad to chime in on Dana Peak.

Welcome to mountain biking, officer.
    Pedigre

Mar 2009
    Good point, I remember catching a little bit of info on em earlier now that you mention it. right on more choices!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    move to DFW or Austin

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    yeah visit bell county over on the bikemojo.com/speak forums. we ride frequently at Dana Peak, once in a great while at BLORA, sometimes out of town like a waco or san antonio or austin trail.

Gig 'Em Aggies !
    welcome! i cant believe im inviting more law enforcement to bryan/college station, but the lake bryan trails are about an hour drive away from ya. west loop is good but the east is the funner/ more technical one. come on down and please ditch the cop stuff when down here lol.
    06 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc

GIG 'EM AGGIES!!

Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Divo25
    welcome! i cant believe im inviting more law enforcement to bryan/college station, but the lake bryan trails are about an hour drive away from ya. west loop is good but the east is the funner/ more technical one. come on down and please ditch the cop stuff when down here lol.
    Lol Divo don't sweat it, I'll be there to ride and chill nothing more... unless of course someone starts hacking away sadistic ceremony style on someone then I might have intervene lol. Other than that i'm just out there to ride. Thanks for the invite I will probably have to take you up on it soon.

Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    yeah visit bell county over on the bikemojo.com/speak forums. we ride frequently at Dana Peak, once in a great while at BLORA, sometimes out of town like a waco or san antonio or austin trail.
    yea I keep hearing Dana Peak, hell the UPS guy that dropped off my bike yesterday saw the box and said "so you got a motobecane huh.. I have two, you should go ride Dana Peak or go down to falls in Austin...... I was like hell the UPS guy is in on it is the MB scene like the damn Free Mason's. lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander_the_great
    I was like hell the UPS guy is in on it is the MB scene like the damn Free Mason's. lol
    now that's funny
    Pedigre

Members who have read this thread: 0