New JB Perspective...

Printable View

• 10-04-2011
    selector
    New JB Perspective...
    I've only ever ridden JB in the mornings. Today I rode just after high noon - amazing the diff shadows make when they're in places you don't expect! I was seeing shadows I thought were roots and roots I thought were shadows! The faster you go, the more of a blur it becomes. At high noonish, I had no clue what direction I was riding - didn't even have the chance to guess at it!

I don't care how badass a rider you might think you is, you can only go so fast thru much of the woods there @ JB... I would love to watch/see the mayhem of some word class riders hammering thru there in a time trial.

Just unreal how easy it is to make that place so hard to ride!!! Simply an amazing place to ride - for any skill level. You could go there for your first time on a MTB or train there as an elite rider and either would have fun, find a challenge and not get bored.
  • 10-05-2011
    selector
    BTW: I have never used/needed a helmet as much as I have riding JB.
  • 10-05-2011
    utsamtber
    what is JB?
  • 10-05-2011
    selector
    Jack Brooks Park - down in Hitchcock.
  • 10-05-2011
    fahkinae
    Wish I was closer... maybe one of these weekends.
  • 12-27-2011
    frankiefrijoles
    going tomorrow.. full rigid 29er and its only my 4th ride with this setup. looking forward to getting gnarly
  • 12-28-2011
    Go! Ninja Go!
    I learned to ride at JB since I live so close. Talk about an ass kicking! First time at Memorial I was laughing at how easy it was in comparison.
  • 12-28-2011
    HAL 9000
    Quote:

Originally Posted by selector View Post

I don't care how badass a rider you might think you is, you can only go so fast thru much of the woods there @ JB... I would love to watch/see the mayhem of some word class riders hammering thru there in a time trial.

GHORBA had a TT thru JB back in 04' and TMBRA had a XC race at JB in 98' it rained the day before and the race turned into a hike a bike this was pre-disc brakes and the mud was so thick that your wheels stopped turning.

Are the giant spiders still bad early morning at JB?
  • 12-29-2011
    Go! Ninja Go!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post

Are the giant spiders still bad early morning at JB?

Yep! Don't know how many times I've come flying around a corner just to see a huge web and gigantic spider staring at me. I learned how to stop QUICK though!
  • 01-01-2012
    OIKOSAVENTURAS
    :thumbsup: