New guy in Waco- Mtbr.com

Thread: New guy in Waco

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

New guy in Waco

I've lived in Waco for several years now, but within the past 4 months I finally bought a new mountain bike so I've been getting back into it. Been to Woodway Park a dozen times and Cameron parks 8-9 times, an absolute blast!

Are there any other Waco bikers in here? Be nice to have some guys to go riding with, as I've only been on about 30% of the trails out here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I go to Cameron 3 or 4 times a week but not on any regular schedule. I go as other obligations such as marriage, work and child rearing allow. You can pm me your email and maybe we can meet up out there sometimes. You can also look up the Waco bicycle club. They do group rides with riders grouped according to skill on a weekly basis I believe. If you ride alone you can Google Cameron Park bike trails and print out a map of the trails. The map also tells you the difficulty of the trails.
    build a man a fire keep him warm for a day, set a man on fire keep him warm for the rest of his life.

mtbr member
    I second linking up with the WBC
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Alright, thanks. I'll PM you my email. I've got some maps printed out, and have done a good number of the trails out there but it's always nice to have someone else to ride with.

Are y'all members of WBC? I haven't seen that they have any meetings or get-togethers except for a lot of road rides, and the beginner's mtn bike rides on Thur and Sun afternoons.

mtbr member
    I'm not, but often they may break away from the beginner ride if there are enough. Let me know if you would like to have one of them contact you.
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'm in Waco & ride Cameron Park 3-4 days a week. Sometimes mornings, sometimes in the evenings.
    Most of the time I ride alone. Usual trails Ilike to hit are Shyst, Picnic, Powder Monkey, Twin Bridges, Cliff's Cliff, Colorado, Vortex... I've gone out to Woodway Park a couple of times recently; going to be really good if we get any rain esp. the banked up corners.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Gotcha. I usually get out there around 5:30 on weekdays, or just anytime during the weekend.

Lets see if I can remember all the trails I've been on. Highlander, Hale Bop, MCC, River Trail, Cedars, Baseball, Outback, Powder Monkey, Webers Run, Torquer, Rinky Dink, Vortex, Drainpipe (my favorite one haha), Twin Bridges, Root Canal, California 56, Shyst, Act of Faith (another fav).

I've been wanting to hit up some of the double black diamonds on the north side, bat cave and the others. The people I've been riding with are a bit too scared to try them.

I'm not too excited about Woodway Park. It's a good place to go if you are limited on time and just want to ride, but there's nothing very challenging and it doesn't seem to have been designed to be carried with a lot of speed. I get frustrated with the lack of banking on corners and trees on the inside of corners.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I haven't ridden any of the 3 dbl black trails except for Thor. There's usually a lot of debris that pops up & I hate breaking spokes. Just had a new rear wheel built up.

I plan on hitting Highlander more often this fall/winter. I only think a few sections of it are fun.

I usually ride Saturday mornings. You can email me at bitewerks556 at gmail.com I ride a black hardtail with EVIL on the downtube...

Woodway is good for a change of pace. I think it'll be more fun when we get some rain & the trails get more hardpacked. They're only 4 or so months old (guess they opened in the Spring or early summer).