New guy...- Mtbr.com

Thread: New guy...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

New guy...

I've been looking at this site off and on for the past few years and finally joined it up yesterday.

Short history...
    I haven't owned a bike of any sort since I was about 16 or so. Back then I was the crazy kid who would do any sized drop off or any jump that I assumed I might be able to make. I don't think any bike ever lasted me over a year, BMX, Flatlands, or MB.
    I spent some time years later in chicago and got into the mountain bike riding more after working in a bike shop by the galleria in Houston and riding a jekyll from a friend up in Chicago.

So, here I am another couple of years later and I'm looking to get a bike again. I'm still yound, but without the ignorant streak I used to have, however I know I'll still be hard on any bike I end up owning. I've been looking at the Prophets for the last few years and now I'm trying to decide how much money I want to drop on a 07 or possible 06 thats laying around somewhere. My other option is to try and build one up. I'd have to buy some new tools or find old ones and also buy a stand. So that's a given for a starting expense, but how much do you think can be saved from building up a Prophet vs. just buying a comparable one from the LBS floor?

Other general info. I'd be riding in Houston most the time but trips to Austin for me are fairly often and I'd ride there or anywhere else that appeals to me and is within a reasonable weekend getaway distance. I'm also 6'2" and about 220 so I'm not the lightest guy out there beating on a bike all day long.

Thanks for any feedback and thanks in advance for any welcomes.

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubb

Thanks for any feedback and thanks in advance for any welcomes.

Be sure to check out GHORBA, they are in your neck of the woods...
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for the heads up!

Members who have read this thread: 0