• 08-30-2011
    PeytonP
    New East Texas trail development. I need help!
    I have the opportunity to submit a plan and build trails for the relatively small City of Center, in East Texas, but we could offer some of the best riding for the eastern half of the state! I've been told that approval and building could happen as early as this November.

I know that I need experienced help with this.
    Does anyone know of trail building consultants that I could contact?

The city Manager and Council are are stoked about the idea of having trails and are even excited about the possibility of holding race events!

Any contact information for trail building consultants or tips on resource material would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I'd like rider input on just what regional riders are looking for. I know that I'm bored with the very few riding options we have. Here's a chance to build something new, together, for the entire Ark-la-tex region to enjoy.
  • 08-30-2011
    Harold
    I sent you a message that has some info in it you might be helpful. dburatti on the forums was hired by SFA to design the trails here. Some other consultants are doing work in Angelina County. Not sure who they are, but DET-TRAC would know.

Just curious, where does Center want to do this? Looking at some maps, I don't see any obvious parks that look good, but I do see some generally forested areas around town.
  • 08-30-2011
    PeytonP
    There is a wooded area on highway 96 behind Walmart and the city Convention Center. There is also land behind our high school, just west of the of the other property mentioned, where there is already a pond, park, and ballpark.
    Plans are in place to put a walking trail around the properties and elsewhere in town. That trail won't take up much room, and there is plenty of acreage for a good trail.
  • 08-31-2011
    Harold
    That area looks like there's pretty minimal elevation change. I suspect any trails will wind up looking more like Kit McConnico than the SFA trails.

Looks to be about 1900 acres or so by my guess, so could get a nice amount of trails in there.