new 2 houston- Mtbr.com

Thread: new 2 houston

Jan 2006

new 2 houston

I used to ride on Terry Hershey Park but now that I moved to Katy I want to ride just on Hwy 6. What is the best time to ride? is that a good ride?

TXAG
    Oct 2005
    When you say you want to ride on Hwy 6, are you talking about road riding or some trails? I don't know of any trails off of Hwy 6. Also, when you say you rode Hershey park, are you talking about the paved bike path or the Anthills (dirt trails on opposite side of the bayou from the paved path)?

Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeTX04
    When you say you want to ride on Hwy 6, are you talking about road riding or some trails? I don't know of any trails off of Hwy 6. Also, when you say you rode Hershey park, are you talking about the paved bike path or the Anthills (dirt trails on opposite side of the bayou from the paved path)?
    Yes i used to start on the road riding on Wilcrest and ride to Eldridge then back. I know that that park goes to Hwy 6 but I have never been there.

TXAG
    Oct 2005
    You can ride the Hershey park trail from the Beltway to Hwy 6. There is a parking lot on the feeder of the beltway and there is another one on Memorial Drive that you can park in and hop on the trail. The weekends get kinda busy though and you have to watch out for other riders, walkers, and runners.

Members who have read this thread: 0