Need Urgent Help from Forum Members on a Long Journey From Toronto to Houston- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2016

Need Urgent Help from Forum Members on a Long Journey From Toronto to Houston

This post lie in multiple categories. In the past, I have trips, but those trips were short distance (less than 300 miles) and all the trips were inland Canada or Northern US. I, younger brother, one cousin, and our friends (total of 7 people) are thinking about taking our bicycles from Toronto and spending from 15th November to 25th of December in US on this road trip. It is a long trip and this route we are thinking about taking on the tour.
    Need Urgent Help from Forum Members on a Long Journey From Toronto to Houston-pe5a0uz.jpg
    Initial 2 days:

First, we will take ourselves from Toronto to New York and we will be going through Hamilton, Ontario Canada. Entering US at Niagara Falls and taking rest in Buffalo. We will start the journey from Buffalo to Rochester. We will finish the Second day either at Auburn or Newark.
    3rd Day:
    Newark to Ithaca
    4th Day:
    Ithaca to Hall stead
    5th-8th Day:
    Hall Stead to New York. And taking 2 days rest in New York and continue the journey on the
    8th day.

Day 8 to Day 13:

We will finish New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware by the end of 13th day (having 1 day in each state). We will rest for 1 day in Washington DC or Baltimore.
    Need Urgent Help from Forum Members on a Long Journey From Toronto to Houston-rn6f1og.jpg
    Day 16 to Day 20:
    By the end of 16 day, we will exit Virginia and enter North Carolina. From Charlotte, we will go towards Florida. And will try to reach Savannah by the end of the 20th day.

Day 21 to Day 26:
    Cities: Jacksonville, Dayton beach Orlando (1 day rest). Then by taking the coastal highway and going through Melbourne, Port St Lucie, and West Palm Beach. Ending this Journey in Miami by 26th day (1 day rest).

Day 27 to Day 36:
    Exiting the Miami and start our next phase of Journey. Touching cities like Tampa, Ocala, Tallahassee, Pensacola, Mobile, Biloxi, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, and Beaumont and ending our 36 days Journey in Houston.
    Need Urgent Help from Forum Members on a Long Journey From Toronto to Houston-iidku9o.jpg
    What do you think about this tour? And tell us about the weather forecast for each state? What type of clothing will be okay? As North East is colder compared with South East. What should be the food arrangement (given the fact, one of us serious diabetes problem). I know that dehydration will be a serious problem, but I don't know, how much it would disturb us (as we are taking continuous naps along the way).

One last thing, our grandfather was serving in US as a pilot (after getting injured in a plane crash during Vietnam War). He became base commander at robin air force base. He has multiple memories of that place. He told us multiple jokes that he used to cracked out with his friends.

He died in 2007(it was sad die for all of us). And we made a pact that we will reach that base on bicycle and personally go inside the base. And just left his bicycle, either inside the base (which will be ideal) or any nearby place as gratitude to his soul. On trying to contact the authorities, they are not providing clear answers they are going in circles. And haven't got any positive response on the mails too. Please I really want to go inside Robins Air Force Base in Warner Robins, GA | Complete info, reviews, map Militarybases.co (it has full information about the base).

Also, if anyone was inside the anytime. Please collaborate with us. If yes, what is the proper procedure for group of people coming from Canada? Please reply ASAP.

mtbr member
    I can't speak on that particular air force base but i live right next to fort hood and ever since 9/11 its pretty hard to get on the base. Your best bet is to hit up regional mtn bike forums in that area and find an air force mtn biker to help you get on. They usually have check points and check IDs. What you're doing sounds rad though, the whole trip and your tribute to your grandfather. I wish you the best of luck.

Real quick if you're going to Houston you might as well just come to Austin. There is some great riding in and around the area.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk