Need place to stay in Houston Tx or close by- Mtbr.com

Mar 2006

Need place to stay in Houston Tx or close by

Hi my name is Jay Furness. In about two weeks I will be moving to Houston. I am attending school there, at Universal Technical Institute for auto body work. I start on the 23rd. As the title suggests I am looking for a place to live while I am there, just over a year. I know that none of you know me, so that is a smudge in my plans already. I pretty much stay to myself. I am a mountain biker, I dable with photography when I have time, and I love my cars. I am 29 years old (on the 15th that is), so I am an adult. If anyone has a spare room and would like to rent it out I can pay about 300.00 a month including utilities. Like I said none of you know me but if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. I am actually (hopefully) leaving New Hampshire in the middle to the end of next week. I am driving out. So I am cutting it pretty close. Every time I think I have a place with another student and I tell them I will take the room they end up renting it to someone else. I am running out of time. I have plenty of refferences if needed. Feel free to call me or email me for any info you might want from me. My cell number is- 1-603-300-0621 and my email is [email protected] Thank you all very much and if all works out I will be mtb'ing in Houston in a couple weeks. Again thank you for any help you can offer.

Jul 2006
    Sorry I can't help you with finding a place to stay but, post again when you get settled and we can help you find trails and groups to ride with. What type(s) of riding are you really into?

h-town hucker
    you've got a gazillion choice of apartments to stay at, and there are quite a few places that are long term hotel type things.

Oct 2006
    I know the Days Inn hotel on I-10 Katy Frwy @ Bunker Hill offers a monthly option..think its about 300 if im not mistaken...713-467-4411 if you want to call them

TXAG
    Oct 2005
    you might also post on www.theanthills.com or www.teamsmack.com. these are some local boards for riders in the area. sorry cant help you out.

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeTX04
    you might also post on www.theanthills.com or www.teamsmack.com. these are some local boards for riders in the area. sorry cant help you out.

oh I gotta see that.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

TXAG
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeMojo
    oh I gotta see that.
    Well I don't post on either and rarely read them at all. Just thought I would throw that out there. Not a welcoming group? Also, I think I've asked you this before but did you just get your avatar from Baracle Bill on texaskayakfisherman or are you barnacle bill?

Got Mojo?
    Well I don't post on either and rarely read them at all. Just thought I would throw that out there. Not a welcoming group?
    They are a bunch of goofballs. I doubt that he would get a straight answer.

Also, I think I've asked you this before but did you just get your avatar from Baracle Bill on texaskayakfisherman or are you barnacle bill?
    I am not a kayaker..
    I have been using this avitar for at least 5 years.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

h-town hucker
    teamsmack is called teamsmack for a reason. smack talking each other. you wouldn't find any help on there at all, and the anthills site is currently down right now due to a server transfer. also, try posting on craigslist, ghorba.org. theanthills.com is a place where help might be found. maybe...... (thats once it gets back up)

Members who have read this thread: 0